After my recent format crisis, inspired by a vintage Day Runner I acquired, some folks have been asking me what I've done to cope.
I decided on a gradual approach. No need to spend extra time converting to a new format when it was really the Day Runner layout, not the size, that I was craving.
So, here's how I recreated Day Runner in an A5 Filofax (the same Black Finsbury I've been using for work for 3 years now):
1. Put monthly calendar (Filofax Month on 2 Pages) behind a top tab at front of binder. (I figured out a way to create top tabs. Pictures to come!)
2. Follow with 2-3 months of 1-day-per-page diary.
3. Top Memo-ry tab. Use Filofax To-Do pages to hold ideas and maybe-dos.
4. Create an index page for info stored behind A-Z tabs.
5. Create Sources page for use behind A-Z tabs. (There will be both address pages and source pages behind each A-Z tab.)
6. Other tabs: One tab for each of 4 work projects I'm working on, plus Projects and Notes, using Filofax 6-blank tab set.
Each of the work project tabs contains a running list of to-do pages, plus notes. Now that I'm using day-per-page, the individual tabs are seeing less use. I still feel I need a discrete section for each major project, though. This may change in the future.