26 December 2010

Date for your Filofax - Sunday 2nd Jan 2011

We are going to run another conference roundtable voice chat using Skype.

I'm sure we are gradually getting to know each other's voices, but I will make a point of going 'around the table' to get everyone to introduce themselves this time.

So...When, Where, What, Who and How?

When? - Sunday 2 January from 11am (US East Coast time), 4pm London time, 5 pm Paris time etc.

Where? - an on-line chat using Skype.

What do I need? - just a micro-phone and a free Skype account.

Who - All of you... connect up with Philofaxy and we will attempt to get as many of us linked in to the audio conference as possible.

How -
  1. Connect to Philofaxy by firstly searching for Philofaxy in Skype, I will then add you as a contact.
  2. Then  'Start Chat',  I will then add you in to the chat room. 
  3. Then if you request it, I can add you to the audio conference as well. But if you just want to chat via keyboard that's fine. That way it's slightly less hectic for me! 
Come and join in the fun, even if you only pop in to say hello...

As with previous round-tables there will also be a parallel text chat room going at the same time as the voice conference, although I find it too hard to take an active part in both!

If you need any assistance setting up Skype, please pop a comment in this post and I will try and help you get one line. Skype is free for computer to computer calls....

Hope to be chatting with you next Sunday, let's all share what we have been up to over the holidays.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - Thanks for setting up another chat. I will be at church for about the first hour, starting at 11 AM East Coast time. I'll pop in when I get home and see whether anyone is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May, I join and listen in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve,
    I am afraid my area only has a dial up internet connection and not Broadband, so Skype is not available to me at home. I tried looking up about it on the Skype site, but it was all abit mind boggling for me. Can you get Skype and use it if you buy an i- phone or Blackberry?? Would that be the best step for me??? Also, on you Skype roundtable is it a video and audio thing??? Would I need a webcam and headphones??? And the Broadband connection??? Am soooooooooooo confused and feel a dinosaur. Heeeeeelp!! Thanks for all you do Steve. Am now a confirmed Philofaxy fan. RA, RA, RA..... Jane. XXXX

    ReplyDelete