About me: I am 41 yrs old today and live in Bavaria with my husband, my cat (Mikesch)... and my Filos.
In March 2010, Julia and I have started a German blog for Filofax lovers: http://filomaniac.blogspot.com
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I have been obsessed with ringbound planners since 1997. After discovering Philofaxy in April 2009, I decided that I wanted “the real thing” - so in October 2009, I bought my first Filofax, a Personal Guildford.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
Before Filofax, I’ve used these German brands: tempus, org-rat, bsb-obpacher.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
All my Filos are Personal size (except for theA5 Adelphi which I bought for 4,90 Euro but haven’t used as yet)
I do love all of them, but right now, I like the Domino Snake best: it’s lightweight, durable, wipes clean easily, lays flat right out of the box. I like the Snake’s black interior even better than the “standard” Domino’s “suede-style”.
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
18. There, I said it! 16 of which are Personal Size:
- Urban Slate
- Domino Red/Snake/Slate
- Metropol Raspberry
- Mode Mint/Pink
- Malden Ochre
- Classic Chocolate
- Finchley Red
- Sketch Oyster
- Sketch Zip Black
- Chameleon Spring Green
- Bond Red
- Metropol Slimline Black
- A5 Adelphi Black
5. What do you use your Filofax for?
Apart from my “everyday” Filofax, I have “special” Filos for
- my Blog
- Household/Reference Some others are used as archives/to hold diary pages.
6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
The flexibility of the loose-leaf system; the variety of colours and styles.
7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Not sure about the colour, but the Filofax of my dreams would definitely be a Personal that lays flat, with an elastic pen loop and a full width back pocket (like some of the Pockets have).
8. How do you carry your Filofax?
Handbags are another passion of mine – whenever I’m out and about, I’m carrying my Filo in my handbag. At home, he sits next to me on a table as I keep taking notes & checking off todos all the time.
When I go to sleep, I put him on the shelf (next to the other Filos) to keep my cat from messing with it.
9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
Next on my wishlist is the Journey (only available in Sweden). We’ll be travelling to Gothenburg in July and I’m hoping to get one there.
I’m also planning to add a Finsbury to my collection as soon as I find one on sale.
10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
The Guildford, which I bought for 68 Euro. (Retail price in Germany is 95 Euro.)
11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
Neither DH nor my family & friends will ever understand my passion for stationary and planners, so it’s nice to “meet” other Filofax fans. Everybody is so kind and friendly; and I love to read how others use their Filos. And of course, I find lots of inspiration for my own blog!
12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
What’s not to like? Honestly, I can’t think of anything.
13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?
Melody Gardot, “My One And Only Thrill”.
Thank you Iris for stepping under the spotlight... and happy birthday for today from everyone at Philofaxy.