They have had their Dynamic Templates for years too, these are generated by an application which will run on a Windows PC or a Mac. I noticed recently they had come out with an Beta for an updated Mac version of the software, I've downloaded this and it works on the latest version of the Mac OS X operating system.
This is the main screen:
From this screen you can edit and select the following:
- Type of page including, Calendars, note pages etc
- For Calendars what day of the week you want to start on, and you can choose any of the 7 days in a week
- The date of the first week, so you can try these out for different weeks as you wish.
- The date of the last week, to specify the range of dates
- Time of the first appointment
- 12 or 24 hour clock
- Ruled or Unruled
- Layout and there are many to choose from including daily, weekly, monthly, yearly.
- Landscape or Portrait formats
- Imperial or Metric measurement
- Paper Type - European (ISO) or US sizes or Custom.
- Margins, essential for Filofax layouts to allow for the rings on the inside of the pages
As you change any of the parameters though the results are shown on the screen as you can see above, so you don't have to print it out each time you make an adjustment.
The scale adjustment in the top left hand corner allows you to tailor it to fit your own screen.
To output the final result you can save the template as a pdf file, then you just print your pdf file in the normal way. However take care that your pdf doesn't get rescaled, always print it at 100% other wise your margins will be different.
These pages are great for trying out ideas, or may be just to try a different page size format before you commit to using it full time.
To try this software out for yourself, go to the page on DiY planner