Hi All! I’m Arienne Gorlach and live down under in Sydney, Australia with my new Husband (!!) and wonderful dog, Zander (who gets mistaken for Hairy Maclary all the time). Some of you may know me as the creator of the Life is Crafted planner insert range, I’m also a Life Design & Inspiration Coach for women. So obviously, I’m a freak for positive living, making life what you want it to be and finding inspiration in the everyday. Add to that paper planning, a glass of sparkling, an audiobook and some cross stitching, and you get a well rounded picture of me J
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I bought my first Filofax in September 2012 after being a life-long planner junkie. With some research and advice from the Philofaxy community, I invested in a Raspberry Chameleon in A5 (oh my, she is beautiful!)
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
Kikki-K, Day Timer, Erin Condren, Planner Pad, and a gazillian other unnamed and unknown brands.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
While I’m tempted by the idea of a personal size, I can’t go past the A5 for my busy life. And surprise!, current favourite is my Raspberry Chameleon. I love her so much I should write an Ode…
Oh raspberry chameleon, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways…
1) Gorgeous colour
2) Love heart like print on the leather
3) The beautiful, tactile feel and suppleness of the leather
4) The numerous pockets at the front
5) The comments I get about her when we are out and about (too bad they don’t sell them anymore!).
6) How using it makes me feel – inspired, happy, motivated, organised
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
3 actual Filofaxes – My Chameleon, an A5 Malden and some random old pocket size one I found in my mum’s cupboard (this obsession with planning and stationery was genetically handed down to me)
5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?
The one from Mum – I can’t find it at the moment but I’d say circa the mid-80s.
6. What do you use your Filofax for?
What do I not use it for?!
It’s my calendar, my portable inspiration well, my to dos, monthly dreams, yearly goals, a vessel to capture my thoughts and ideas at my desk or on the go.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
The look and feel
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Okay, I’m going all out into sci-fi wonderland here. It would be an A5 with magically changeable covers to suit my mood and style for the day. It would have massive rings so it could hold everything I needed it to and then a button that would shrink it down to pocket size when I need to carry it around with me.
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
In my hand, in my bag without any special covers or under my arm, I put it through hell and every mark is a memory. Just like a book, I believe it is meant to be used well – A Filofax life well-lived
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I think I’d like to try the Calipso A5 in Pink. Oooh and the Clipbook – just see what it is like! Perhaps…
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
The most I spent was something like USD$180 for the Chameleon and shipping from the US. For some it may seem like a lot of money but I have a different viewpoint. If you love it, it inspires you to use it and it is something you actually use to help craft more of a life you love everyday, it is almost priceless! Think about it. If it is something you utilise at least 365 days in one year, it ends up being cents. I would gladly pay cents for a tool that helps me to live a more inspired, authentic life.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Having your own holepunch. It is simple, but can bring so much joy to your Filofax when you can add whatever you want to its insides. A pretty postcard, printable inserts, your own doodles or a vision board – whatever!
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
The community – helping each other, advising, sharing in this planner junkie world so we don’t feel so alone in our planner love.
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
That there are not more readers near me!
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
It was probably one of the songs we used for our wedding. Gorgeous Marry Me- Jason Derulo cover by Davina Leone
16. Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?
Mr Darcy all the way!
Thank you Arienne, it was a pleasure to feature you under our spotlight.
And if you would like to go under the Philofaxy Spotlight please contact steve at philofaxy dot com