Thank you for allowing me to be the reader under the spotlight this week. My name is Renae and I’m an American woman living in Seoul, South Korea. When I was young I was always fascinated by my Father’s planners. He had a giant A4, black leather zipped binder that he would allow me to play office with. I remember how important I felt writing such an important book.
Today I’m just as enamored with binders as I was back then and I still feel important when I open one of my Filofaxes! I’m an English teacher so a Filofax is the perfect tool to keep me on top of things and to orgainize my life.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I purchased my first Filofax in 2012 and it was an A5 pink Domino. Unfortunately, I don’t own it anymore.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have used Franklin Covey in the past and may use them again in the future. I have a Midori Travelers notebook that I use on and off. Gillio and VanDerSpek orgainizers are beuatiful. If I ever win the lotto, they are on my wish list!
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
My favorite orgainizer at the moment is my personal sized ochre Malden which I acquired recently. The size is perfect and the leather feels and smells amazing!
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
I currently own just 5 orgainzers as I recently gifted my pocket-sized black Malden to my father (who loves it!).
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
The oldest orgainizer in my collection is a cheap compact-szed Frankln Covey binder that I use for storage.
6. What do you use your organisers for?
Currently I use three different Filofaxes; a red A5 Metropol, a raspberry compact zipped Pennybridge and an ochre Malden in personal size. The Metropol holds teaching notes, student logs, notes for my Master’s dissertation and long-term projects. The Pennybrige makes a perfect wallet and the color matches my bag perfectly. My favorite Filo at the moment is my personal ochre Malden which keeps me orgainized and holds my journal important notes, and an A-Z section for my spiritual journal.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
Honestly, it’s the community that surrounds Filofax. While most people in the world have forgonne the art of writing and paper planning, it is so lovely to have the support of so many. The people that I have come in contact with through Facebook and YouTube are very special to me. Sharing my love of all things stationary warms my heart!
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I want to own a Filofax that has a full-length back pocket like the one Kent from OZ has! Because I’m a teacher I constantly need to keep track of loose paper and the inernal pockets are so small that I have to fold the paper, a full-length pocket would solve that problem. Also, I wish Filofax would go back to putting a gusseted zipper pocket on the inside back cover to hold change and paper money.
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
My Metropol stays on my desk at work. The other two are always with me, whether that be in my bag or next to my bed at home.
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
For now, I’m happy with what I have.
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
My ochre Malden cost about $95.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Rhomany from RhomanysRealm introduced me to making clear tabs from the packaging that the Filofaxes come in these days. I like bottom tabs and the clear dividers seem just as sturdy as the card ones, but without the bulk.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
Again, I like the community. My favorite feature of the blog itself is the WebFinds.
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Nothing, I think Steve and the other contributers are doing a great job!
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
I’m not a big music person, but I download books frequently. The book I downloaded most recently is “Tripwire” by Lee Child.
16. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
Thank you Renae