03 August 2014

Reader Under The Spotlight - Alondra

Today I would like to introduce you to Alondra. 

Hello! My name is Alondra Karwowski (also known as Lola) and I have been a planner/paper addict since I can remember. I'd say it runs in the family as my siblings also enjoy drawing, painting, and even planning like me. I am 21 years old, married, and have a one year old child. Life is definitely busy and crazy but I would not have it any other way. Often I like to post pictures of my decorated pages on my Instagram page! Check it out when you have a moment.


1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

The orange personal size Metropol. It was in 2012.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I have considered using normal store brand planners, Midori Travelers Notebook, Kate Spade, Erin C, Simplified Planner, & the Day Designer.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

Definitely the Yellow Kate Spade in personal size. It's colorful + bright! Plus it has enough card slots to hold all of my necessities.

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

  • I own 4 Filofaxes and 2 extra are on the way (Metropol/Malden/Osterley/Original) + (Finbury/Flamingo). 
  • I own 2 Kate Spade agendas (Yellow and Black/zipped). 
  • I own one Day Designer. 
  • and I own a 2 Midori Travelers Notebooks (Original + one made by Ray)

5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?

My Metropol. It's my baby!

6. What do you use your organisers for?

Planning, obviously. But also to keep my notes, lists, money, cards, and stationery items. I do not know how I functioned without my organisers.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The different options they provide for us. Colors, sizes, with clasp, without clasp, etc. We are a bit spoiled!

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I think Filofax has grown so much since I first started buying from them. They have given us more pockets, pen loops, better paper quality (IMO), more room for weekends, and so on. I can't think of one thing I really need from Filofax at this moment! Then again, we are all so different. I'm sure someone out there has a list of features ready for them to consider.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

In my bag. I'm not one to care for scratches or pen marks. I also do not mind the heavy load.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

Right now I am loving the Charleston. It's classy, perfect for work. It's been on my wish list for sometime now but I honestly don't think I will make the purchase.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?

The most I have spent is one that is on my way, the A5 Finsbury in Raspberry. I have tried the A5 before and It didn't work out but I'd like to give it another go. I've never spent more than $100 on a planner though.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Buy what you want. Sell what you do not use. No reason to have a collection of organizers that are only collecting dust.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

The community. I never knew there was a world of paper/planner lovers out there. Makes me feel a little less crazy.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

All the rules (mainly in the groups). It drives me bananas.

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

It's been a while so I can't remember. But it was an alternative rock album/song more than likely.

16. What was the last movie you watched? 

The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Road Rally. I know every word. Every parent to a toddler can relate.

17. What was the last book you read. 

Bible. The best book yet.

18. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?

George Clooney for sure!!

Thank you Alondra for agreeing to appear on Reader Under The Spotlight. If you would like to appear in this feature, please email philofaxy at gmail dot com thank you. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it took you this long to do a Reader in the Spotlight! Way overdue! Nonetheless, Hi Lola!!!!! Great to know more about you. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, this is the second one I've done. I thought I needed an update :) Hehe

      Delete