31 August 2014
Reader Under The Spotlight - Lauren
Hello my name is Lauren and am a paralegal by day and lifestyle, beauty, fashion blogger by night. I live in California with my husband and our little dog Toby (pictured with me). I absolutely love all things paper, stationary, organizers, and pens. I remember always being the most organized person in school. It's something I have obviously not grown out of.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I bought my first organizer while I was in middle school. I don't quite remember the brand but it started my love affair with organizers.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have tried and used Erin Condren, Day Timer, Day at a Glance and Franklin Covey.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
My favorite style would have to be the Malden in the personal size.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
I currently own three. Two filofaxs in personal and an Erin Condren life planner.
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
My oldest organizer in my collection would have to be my Filofax Finsbury in black. I sadly don't have the one I was gifted many years ago.
6. What do you use your organisers for?
I mostly use my organizers to balance work and home life, bill tracker, and reminders. I also use my organizer to help plan and schedule posts for my blog.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I love how you can truly create a system that works best for you and you can decorate however you wish. It's not a cookie cutter system that is supposed to work for everyone.
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
It would feature pink leather and gold rings. A girl can dream right?!
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
I carry my Filofax in both my work and personal bags. Basically it goes everywhere.
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I am in love with the Malden and was lucky enough to purchase it from a fellow reader here on Philofaxy.
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
Honestly about $110 and for the Malden personal in purple. However I am sure that will change once I finally locate an Aqua malden in the personal size. Ugh that one is hard to find!
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
I would say the inserts you can purchase on etsy. I absolutely love those and actually recently did a review on them on my blog!
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I love to see that other people have an obsession with being organized. I feel right at home here. Plus I love seeing tips and tricks of other readers.
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
I haven't found one dislike!
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Mirrors by Justin Timberlake. I can't get that song out of my head.
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
No but I would love to one day!
17. What was the last movie you watched?
It was a documentary called serving life. Amazing!
18. What was the last book you read?
Landline by Rainbow Rowell
19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
Be sure to check out Lauren's blog 'Life According to L.D.'
Thank you Lauren for going under our 'Spotlight'. If any of you would like to appear in this feature on Philofaxy, then please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com