07 September 2014
Reader Under The Spotlight - Mary
I’ve been fascinated with planners as far back as I can remember and can’t imagine a day without one. I’ve had a long running career in high-tech and reside in Silicon Valley, happily employed with eBAY for approximately 9 years now. I have a wonderful husband and one son; my goal is to always count my blessings, even when the going gets tough. My passion is cooking and collecting vintage cookbooks.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
My first planner was produced by a company called “The French Luggage Company” grey rose design and I still have it today, just beautiful. The fact that my mother used it for years and years makes it that more special to me.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
For years I was hooked on Franklin Covey and purchased more than I could ever count. I then fell in love with Brighton planners and purchased all sizes, they are gorgeous leather with sterling silver embellishments, just recently sold one on the FiloFax/Planner site.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I have the A5 Ochre Malden that is by my side at all times, office and home. I also have the A5 Pink Patent Domino and the Pocket Pennybridge for my wallet which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
Still holding on to my original French, a few of my Franklins and Brighton, 7 in total.
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
The French Luggae grey rose design circa 1985?
6. What do you use your organisers for?
At work every day, meetings, planning, project management, appointments and personal use for family, faith, health and calendar.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
All the compartments in the A5 Ochre Malden and the ease of page flipping.
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Beautiful pink leather roses embossed in creamy brown leather with loads of pockets inside.
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
To and from work I use a Vera Bradley Hipster.
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I want an A5 Finchley, someday.
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
$250, Brighton A5.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Believe it or not, I saw a u-tube video where the gal used weather stickers! She checked the forecast for the week and then put the pertaining sticker on each day, I immediately ordered the stickers and now love that little ritual.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
The amazing people, the shared addiction, the gorgeous pictures and most of all the family pets and baby’s with the Filo’s, LOVE that!
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Haven’t found anything I don’t like.
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
I just downloaded “The Daniel Plan” by Rick Warren
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
I never have but would love to!
17. What was the last movie you watched?
18. What was the last book you read?
Blessed Are The Cheese Makers by Sarah-Kate Lynch (5 stars)
19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
No contest, GEORGE CLOONEY!
Thank you Mary. And if you would like to appear in this feature please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com