26 October 2014
Reader Under the Spotlight - Heather
Hello. I’m Heather and my Filofax helps me to stay organised with the busy work, parenthood and personal life interests. I’m a Mum to two gorgeous busy boys, I work part-time as well as run my own holistic business (www.heather-holistics.co.uk), However as a self-confessed IT geek, I love to combine my Filofax with my PC and iPhones.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I think it was around 1993. It was a black vinyl personal Filofax which I still have.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I’ve only ever used Filofax
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I’m currently using my pocket Aston in Orchid in my handbag and an A5 Cuban in brown as our Household binder.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
3 minis, 3 pockets, 2 personal, 4 x A5 and 1 x A4 organisers.
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
The black vinyl as mentioned in one above.
6. What do you use your organisers for?
Generally as a diary/planner and list keeper. The mini’s I sometimes swap around with the pockets in my handbag. One mini is kept in my car as a car binder. My pocket Pennybridge is my travel binder and purse combined. My original personal is kept in a cupboard and the second personal is my journal. The A5’s are project binders for each aspect of my personal life (recipe binder, Scout group, Rugby Group, household) and the A4 is used at my day job.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
That I can design my own inserts, print them to most sizes of Filofax and then change the layout again the next week.
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Similar to a tent or bag from the Harry Potter stories; small and lightweight whilst carried (mini size with 11mm rings) but once opened magically expands to A5 size and 30mm rings.
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
In my handbag
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most?
The A5 Original in Green (it isn’t exactly current range)
Are you going to buy it?
If I could find one at the right price, then yes.
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
Probably my A5 Cuban although I haven’t bought any new Filofaxes recently
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Don’t think you have to have everything on paper or via technology. Combine them both. Oh can I have two tips please? I colour code each ‘compartment’ of my life – Husband, Sons, Personal and my business so I can tell immediately who is where.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
The community, the great tips and ideas exchanged.
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
There is nothing I dislike about Philofaxy, I think you all do an amazing job – thank you.
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
I’d love to attend one however my weekends are always so busy.
17. What was the last movie you watched?
I watched Terminator 2 (again) with my son
18. What was the last book you read?
Eat that Frog!
19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
Thank you Heather. And if you would like to appear in this feature please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com