Today I would like to introduce you to Matthew
Hello, my name is Matthew and I am currently in my second year of university studying Drama and English Literature in the UK. 'Filofax' has been a big part of my home, but mainly academic life, keeping my organised and on top of my studies I have been following Philofaxy for many years now and decided it was about time I did a ‘Reader Under the Spot Light’. I have started my own blog ‘My Filofax Fixation’, in the hope of giving other students and those who lead a hectic lifestyle, some tips and inspiration for staying organised.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I bought my first Filofax in 2007. It was a Cross (now named the Classic) A5 in the Pistachio colour - I loved the smooth Italian leather.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have considered using Franklin Covey, however I have always preferred Filofax! In my opinion, they have always done a fantastic selection of organisers and a wide variety of inserts.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I have had many Filofax’s over the years, however my favourite has to be my Aqua Malden in the Personal size! The leather feels beautiful and the aqua colour is superb!
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
I have recently sold many of my Filofax’s, in which I had 15 Filofax’s, I now own the following:
- Aqua Malden in Personal size
- Crimson Malden in Personal size
- Purple Malden in the Pocket Size
- A5 Cross/Classic in Pistachio
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
Filofax Cross A5 in Pistachio, which was only available in 2005/2006
6. What do you use your organisers for?
- Aqua Malden in Personal size – my current organizer, which I use for both academic and home use.
- Crimson Malden in Personal size – currently used as a storage binder
- Purple Malden in the Pocket Size – used for a variety of notes, shopping lists etc.
- 5 Cross/Classic in Pistachio – used as a storage binder
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I love the ability to change the layout of the Filofax to suit my needs! For example in the autumn and spring semester I use a week on two pages format. However during exam term, I use a day to a page format to allow in-depth revision planning.
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
If I could design a Filofax, I would take the existing Malden and add two pen loops to the personal size instead of one! I would also make the pen loops larger, as I have great difficulty fitting my pens into the Malden Filofax. I would love to bring out more colour options other than Ochre and Purple, such as something similar to the aqua and crimson!
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
I sometimes carry my Filofax around university in my laptop bag! My personal Malden fits in there very nice and snug. However, the majority of the time I love walking around and holding my Filofax……it gets a lot of interest and comments from fellow students.
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I like the look of the Charleston in the purple colour, however I still prefer the look of the Malden range.
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
I have recently purchased a Personal size Malden in Aqua from Germany. It cost £100 – but it was so worth it!
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
I love the Dashboard concept. I have mine at the front of my Filofax, containing to do lists, reminders and important dates.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I love how everyone is so friendly! Also I really enjoy looking at everyone's Filofax's and their setups! I find it very interesting
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
It would be great to have more opportunities to attend Philofaxy meet ups
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Santa Clause is Coming to Town by Mariah Carey
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
I have not yet attended one yet but I would absolutely love to.
17. What was the last movie you watched?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
18. What was the last book you read?
Virginia Woolf’s Mrs Dalloway
Thank you Matthew. As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com