14 June 2015

Reader Under The Spotlight - Julia

Today I would like to introduce you to Julia. 

I'm Julia, I'm 20  and I live in Livingston, Scotland. I've lived all over, including America, England and different parts of Scotland.

I have been interested in stationary and Filofax since I was younger, and used to buy lots of different kinds of notebooks, journals and planners. I first discovered Filofax when I was about thirteen and saw some for sale in my local supermarket. Since then I have bought all sorts of different ones, trying to find the one I love best- what lots of people call the "dream Filofax".

I run a blog online in my spare time and mainly use my Filofax to plan my blogging posts, and jot down ideas for future products to buy and try out to review. I mainly review cosmetics and books- I read a lot of teenage fiction and autobiography.

Below I have answered the questions given :)

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

My first organiser was a Filofax personal Identity. I saw it in my local supermarket when I was younger and thought it would be ideal for creative writing and keeping a diary- I used to buy lots of extra notepaper inserts. I lost this organiser when we moved house and I'm not sure what happened to it.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I have tried collins debden and I quite like the KikkiK planners that are often featured on videos online. But whenever I have tried another brand I end up coming back to Filofax, as they are my favourite.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My A5 Finsbury organiser in Pink. I bought it second-hand, and it''s a little battered and scuffed from the previous owner, and two of the rings have tiny gaps, but I love it- I think it just looked well-loved and used, and I'm not worried about throwing it in my bag and taking it out with me. It's also a colour of Finsbury that is discontinued, which makes it a little more special.

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

I own 7 organisers. A compact patent purple, a Domino personal purple, an A5 black finsbury, a Collins desk organiser in black, a Collins personal organiser in pink, an A5 pink Filofax finsbury and an A5 Filofax malden in purple. The malden I will be selling shortly, as I really did want to love it but it just wasn't for me. The only current one I am using is my A5 pink finsbury and the rest are stored away.

5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?

My Domino personal in purple. I got it for less than £2 in a sale, which I was quite proud of! I used it for a while, but I just prefer the bigger pages of the A5. I may use the Domino again if I go to college in the summer, as it is light and easy to carry round all day.

6. What do you use your organisers for?

I use my main organiser for planning my blog. I keep a lot of lined notepaper in there to write to-do lists, positives and negatives about products, and ideas for what to write about next. I also have a diary in my organiser for remembering appointments.

7. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?

I have a diary section, a to-do section, an addresses section, and a pocket section (where I keep all my stickers and cards in the zip pockets). I split my notes section into 7 categories using 7 tab dividers. Each category has a different type of product I review, so I can sort all my reviewing ideas into different sections.

8. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The rings. I love being able to change things round if I want to alter the order the pages are in. I also like all the pockets, they're very handy for keeping business cards and spare paper in.

9. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Huge rings, as I like stuffing my filofax full. Lots of pockets. And suede. I really like suede and I would like Filofax to create an a5 organiser made from it.

10. How do you carry your Filofax?

Usually by hand, or if I am going out I take it in my large handbag.

11. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

My favourite is probably the A5 Original in monochrome. I would love to buy it but I would need to save up first!

12. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?

The most expensive Filofax I bought was the A5 Malden, which cost a (reduced, but still expensive) price of £64

13. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

If you want to make your Filofax Malden a little less floppy, cut some thin cardboard to size and keep it in in the front and back pockets.

14. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

The information and tips from other people on how to make the most of your Filofax. I have found lots of setup ideas on here which are great. My favourite part is 'reader under the spotlight', as I love finding out more about other Filofax users.

15. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Nothing I can think of. It's a very useful website!

16. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Torn- by the Glee Cast. I am a big fan of Glee.

17. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?

I haven't, but I have only recently found out about them. I may attend if there is another in Edinburgh.

18. What was the last movie you watched?

A horror movie called 'The Purge' recommended to me by a friend.

19. What was the last book you read?

Shrinking Violet by Jean Ure. It's a great Teenage fiction read about two twin sisters who are complete opposites.

Thank you Julia.

As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.

So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.


  1. What is the blog address? I'd like to check it out.

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.


Related Posts with Thumbnails