04 October 2015
Reader Under The Spotlight - Bex
I'm Bex, and I love organization! I recently re-entered the Filofax world with the purchase of my favorite nude A5. I love how I can put class planning and personal planning in one binder and still keep things straight.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I bought my first Filofax online after seeing one in a movie--I can't remember the movie but it had Katherine Heigl, and she had a personal red Finsbury. I googled it , found it, and bought it! Since then I also bought a raspberry personal Finsbury and a navy Original personal. This past month I decided to move up to an A5 and bought the patent in nude and just yesterday ordered an ochre Malden!
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I've used the Target ones that are spiral. I can't remember the name. They're pretty but I prefer a ring binder.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
The Original Nude A5. So pretty but so useful.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
The red personal Finsbury from a few years ago--I'm new to the Filofax world!
6. What do you use your organisers for?
I have a tab for planning the classes I teach (6 a week) a tab for month and daily, a tab for week on two pages, a tab for grocery planning, and a notes tab. That's all in my nude A5. In my Chameleon A5 I keep my budget and household information like daily tasks, monthly tasks, etc for keeping the house up.
7. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?
Oops--answered this above. In my main planner I have five. In the chameleon I have 4: budget, debt snowball, daily tasks, monthly/annual tasks.
8. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I love the high quality feel and the customization of the order of things inside.
9. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I don't know that I have an answer for this!
10. How do you carry your Filofax?
I keep my nude A5 Original in a fabric pouch I sewed.
11. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I love the Malden in purple. I don't think I will buy it because I just bought it in ochre.
12. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
I spent $129 on my ochre Malden.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I like seeing the different inserts and organization.
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Gives me planner envy!
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Kick the dust up by Luke Bryan
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
No but it would be fun!
17. What was the last movie you watched?
Hmm. Gone Girl.
18. What was the last book you read?
First, Kill All the Marriage Counselors by Laura Doyle
Thank you Bex.
As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.
So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.