1. What is your favorite organizer (Make/model/size)?
My very new custom made Van der Spek personal size, with 25 mm gold rings and proper ☺. Very nice smooth honing colour croco print leather has been used on the making of this planner.
2. How long have you owned it?
Well actually I do have the planner for one week. OMG, I love the planner.
3. What is it that you like about it so much?
As I said, it is a custom made planner, made by Van der Spek (a Dutch company). I designed the planner. I thought very hard what I want in a planner. I have a very beautiful Malden purple planner (personal size). I love the pockets, but I wanted the pockets in another way. The way it was laid out, was not working for me. I also have a Gillio Compagna, which has a big back pocket. I do not use the back pocket. And also here the pocket layout did not work for me.
So I took the bits and pieces I love from both planners, I thought how I want to use the planner and design my planner. I was so fortunate to be at the Van der Spek meet-up where I could finalise my design and choose the leather of the planner.
I love the layout. It works for my daily life. I have a planner with a detached wallet. If I need the wallet I can use it, when I am in a meeting I leave the wallet in my bag. If I go to the store and I do not want to take the whole planner out, I can easily take the small wallet. I love the flexibility of this planner.
4. Do you use it all the time?
O hell, yes! Everything is in that thing. If I lose it, it would be a HUGH problem. I have
- General information in the planner (addresses, insurance numbers, important phone numbers)
- Monthly inserts, where you can see the birthdays, appointments,
- Weekly inserts, where i put the my appointments, to do’s, deadlines
- Me: health, sports, notes
- Lists: books to read, finance, recipes
- Work: notes for work, work time lines.
As you can read, I use it for everything. All the time with me, working with me, informing me. In return I path the planner, and do some sniffing ☺. Put it in a nice pouch when I go to sleep. Crazy lady…
5. Do you think the design could be improved in any way? How?
Maybe, life changes, so my planner needs will also change. But I tried to make my planner flexible enough to adapt to life.
I thing this planner will last me a life time. The craftsmanship of Van der Spek is amazing.
And here are some photographs of my favourite organiser.
Thank you Maria that really is a lovely design and superb execution of your ideas.
If you would like to share with us the details of your favourite organiser, please contact steve @ philofaxy dot com