fILE of fACTS – A Comprehensive Reference For Everything fILOFAX
- Brands - Filofax isn't the only brand of ring bound organsier, there are plenty of others
- Business Card Holder
- Care - for your leather Filofax, our friends over at LTT Leather care have lots of good advice and products to deal with most types of leather.
- Cotton cream - A different shade of paper, slightly thicker and takes fountain pen ink better than the thinner white Filofax paper
- Day Timer Portable size is the same as Filofax Personal size. Their Desk size is similar to A5, but the ring spacing is not the same as Filofax
- Emergency info,
- Facebook - There is a growing number of Facebook groups, take a look here
- Finance pages,
- Fly leaf
- Flat ability,
- Four Ring Pocket Organisers - an explanation of the differences in ring spacing between 4 ring and 6 ring Pocket Filofax organisers can be found here
- Franklin Covey Compact size is similar in size to Filofax Personal size but the pages are wider, so can stick out slightly in Filofax organisers. Their classic size is similar to A5, but the ring spacing is not the same as Filofax
- Hole spacing - There are a variety of hole spacings used by different ring bound organiser manufacturers, this post should help you work out the differences!
- How Many - People often ask keen Philofaxers how many Filofax organisers they own... he's a neat way of calculating the total.
- Jam packed.
- Mini - Mini size pages will slot in to a Pocket size organiser. They will also fit an A5 as well with out overlapping
- Moving in
- Mulberry sell a range of organisers that are designated Planner, Agenda, Pocket, their sizes are as follows:
Parameter(Filofax/Mulberry) Filofax Mulberry Paper size (Pocket) 120x81 mm 120x76mm Paper size (Personal/Agenda) 171x95 mm 149x105mm(A6) Paper size (A5/Planner) 210x148mm 209x147mm '3 ring spacing' 19mm (3/4") 19mm Ring Spacing between rings 3 & 4 (Pocket) 19mm 13mm Ring Spacing between rings 3 & 4 (Personal/Agenda) 50mm 38mm Ring Spacing between rings 3 & 4 (A5/Planner) 70mm 50mm
- Note pad
- Opening & Closing the rings
To ensure that you don't damage the ring mechanism on your Filofax personal organiser, always use the tabs at the ends of the ring mechanism to open the rings. Place your organiser on a firm surface and press evenly on both tabs at the same time.
Do not under any circumstances pull the rings open using the rings themselves; this could result in the internal mechanism becoming damaged.
- Other Brands - there are other brands of organisers available.
- Overseas Orders - If you want to order from overseas, not all sites offer this facility. There is a post on this topic here
- Page Sizes
Size H x W (mm) Rings A4 297 x 210 4 Deskfax 250 x 176 3 x 3 A5 210 x 148 2 x 3 Slimline/Compact 171 x 95 2 x 3 Personal 171 x 95 2 x 3 120 x 81 2 x 3 Pocket Slimline 120 x 81 2 x 3 Mini 105 x 67 5 M2 64 x 103 3
They are all 'portrait' format with the exception of the M2 which is 'landscape' format.
- Personal - Personal page will fit 5 of the 6 rings on an A5 organiser, but you have to fold the bottom corner of the page.
- Philofaxy - Read our quick guide to finding your way around
- Photographs - Where can I display my collection of digital pictures of my collection of Filofax organisers? Philofaxy has a Flickr Group and also a discussion group attached to this group.
|Opening the rings|
|Closing the rings|
- Did you also know that Filofax Pocket pages will fit in to a Filofax Personal organiser and an A5 organiser. The holes in the page have to be the slotted variety to fit.
- How many pages can you fit in to a 19mm diameter ring Pocket? I managed 220 pages which is about 19mm thick, so add section dividers as well and you will still be able to comfortably be able to turn the pages.
- Printing: Printing your own inserts isn't difficult but I'm sure you will find the instructions here useful
- Punch - What punch should I buy for my Filofax. See our detailed post on punches. Note you can use a personal punch for A5 but you need to punch it twice with the top or the bottom of the paper 32mm above the centre line of the highest hole. The paper will be just beyond the centre of the punch.
- Quo Vadis make a range of loose leaf refills. Their Timer 14 range fits Pocket Filofax and has the correct hole-spacing. Timer 17 fits Personal Filofax and has the correct hole-spacing. Timer 21 fits A5 Filofax, but the hole spacing is different and needs to be re-punched to fit.
- Rings - The ring size of a Filofax organiser is the internal diameter in millimetres. Although the USA site converts this in to inches but not that accurately. Ring Size
Organiser Size30 mm A5, Personal Zip25 mm A5 Clasp23 mm Personal Clasp19 mm15 mm Compact13 mm Slimline, Mini11 mm Slimline, Mini
- Registration - Make sure you register your Filofax, so if you lose it, Filofax can return it to you.
- Returns of any products purchased are subject to the Filofax returns policy as set out below.
At Filofax we would like to make your shopping experience as easy as possible. We have therefore made our returns policy very simple. If you are unhappy with any item you have purchased from Filofax, simply return it to us in its original condition with your Order Reference Number within 28 days of despatch and we will issue a refund for the price of the item. This does not affect your statutory rights. Simply cut out the return address label provided and affix it to the parcel. We ask that you wrap the parcel carefully to prevent damage. If you are returning the product because it is damaged or faulty please also complete the panel below.
We recommend that you obtain proof of posting. If you have paid by cheque we will refund you by cheque. If you have paid by credit card we will refund your credit card but please allow time for the credit to appear on your statement. Website orders cannot be returned to any of our Filofax stores.
Send your return to:
FILOFAX UK - Returns
c/o Charles Letts & Co Ltd
For more details of our returns and refunds policy please see our Terms & Conditions.
- Slimline - How many pages can you fit in to a 11mm diameter ring Slimline? I tried this out myself, 100 pages will go in comfortably, 120 pages I would think is the limit, above that and the pages become difficult to turn. This was tried using diary insert pages, no dividers or other pages.
- Sticky notes
- To Do Lists,
- Time Sheet,
- Travel Checklist,
- Time management,
- Unlined Paper
- Visual reminders (stickers)
- World information
- Yuppie - Yuppie (short for "young urban professional" or "young upwardly-mobile professional" Seen by many as the users of Filofax organisers in the 1980's
- Year Planner
- Zipped Envelope,
- Zipped Binder,
- Z Fold,
- Zen To Done
Created and maintained by Steve - 22 June 2013