Pages

07 August 2026

Free For All Friday - No. 926 by Anita

I admit that I sometimes struggle with some inspiration and can't figure out what I'd like to write for a Free For All Friday post. So, I thought that I'd just start writing and see where this goes...  

For those of you that have read some of my previous posts here, you'll have seen that I have bought and sold many binders in the past as I've enjoyed the variety, but not wanted to own a large collection. Whilst that has previously suited me, I definitely feel that I've settled down now with just my favourites and then only maybe occasionally consider a new purchase or replacement. I love a bargain, so the increase in second hand prices is also a factor for me, as it seems that whilst there are still some bargains out there, I'm not bothered enough currently to put the time in to search.  

Looking back at my posts, it seems that I've previously purchased more Filofaxes and then gone on a bit of a mad decluttering spree! And I admit that I've recently had that familiar feeling again, but decided to ignore it as I know that I'd regret getting rid of them. I know that I've been too hard on myself about the 'you can only own one Filofax' thought that I've had on and off for quite a few years now. I can afford to keep the four I currently own, but I will be selling one of those as I think three feels like the right amount right now. So, that means I'll be left with my faithful personal Kensington, tan Argyll and my pocket Cavendish. I suppose I'm being more compassionate with myself as I enjoy using a Filofax and it doesn't need to be perfect, either the contents or which model I'm using really. There is a lot going on in the world right now, so I figure that if I enjoy using an organiser then that is a fairly simple pleasure, plus it helps me feel a little less overwhelmed and/or crazy. I feel very grateful to have found this wonderful community, so thank you all for being such lovely human beings. Ramble over...

And as always on Fridays, please feel free to discuss anything organiser related. I hope that you have a great weekend.

10 comments:

  1. If it makes feel better, I've just ordered my 96th binder... I do have a 'dell' list, but I never seem to get around to it. If only I had some way of planning my life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dilettante! Not even in three figures...

      Delete
    2. At least I know where all mine are, and how many I have, exactly...

      Delete
  2. Fortunately “spare” binders don’t require much storage space, and there’s really no reason to harbour misgivings about having some that you appreciate but which aren’t in active use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends how many 'spares' you need to store...

      Delete
    2. Some people (mentioning no names 😉) rent a storage unit for their collections!

      Not me... mine fit in to a couple of wall cupboards with space to spare!

      Delete
    3. I've heard it's a warehouse!

      Delete
  3. This new book is likely to appeal to the community here
    https://stationeryicons.com/
    Unfortunately the price is a deterrent though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it's gorgeous. I hope it does well enough that they bring out a version the unwashed masses can afford. And that they can sell in the United States.

      Delete