Pages

21 August 2026

Free For All Friday No 928 by Laurie

Do your friends or family ever say you spend too much time using your Filofax? Mine have said this occasionally over the years (with my husband even saying I should "live life outside the book"), and yet I am the one they turn to when they need to know something. I'm the one who knows when everyone is due for the dentist, dates when things happened, passcodes to shared accounts, etc. 

I also keep a lot of things in my Filofax that many people use an app for. In addition to bills due, subscription renewals, and life admin, I keep lists of books I want to read, shows I want to watch, general interest, places I want to explore in my local area and further afield, home jobs to do on weekends, music recommendations, ideas to return to, etc. I also keep a record of what I did, which always turns out to be a useful reference. With so much information in it, I do spend a lot of time using and referencing my Filofax. Before smartphones I think it was much more common that people would spend time using their Filofax or other ringed binder for these types of things. 

So even if it seems I spend a lot of time using my Filofax, it is useful for myself and my family. It is something I enjoy as a hobby, as well as the only way I can keep this type of information in a format that is useful for me.

No matter how much time I spend using my Filofax and notebooks, it's nowhere near as much time as most people are on their phones these days! Don't get me wrong, I spend plenty of time on my phone, but when I use my Filofax at least that time is spent away from screens. I also find that looking through my Filofax pages helps me process my thoughts and remember my intentions, while looking through my phone has the opposite effect.

Do your friends or family ever say you spend too much time using your Filofax? Do you ever feel like you spend too much time with it?

And as always on Fridays, feel free to ask and/ or discuss anything ring organiser related!

No comments:

Post a Comment