My name is Toni Parker, I live in Australia. I must admit I am the other extreme, I do not have organised issues. I have few health issues so memory is coming an issue, this is what lead me to planners, plus the love of leather from the tack shed, leather reminds me of the fun. So it one plus I can change it to suit me. As I become more reliant on aides the Filofax is already helping me keep track things need to be done or it will be gone as I get lost in the midst of a sentence, Filofax she keeps on remembering. :)
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
January 2014, I started with a Finsbury A4. She was way big but loved colour. Had no ideas of sizes
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have had Dayrunner Malibu in red do like it feel but it a desk one only.
Filofax Domino but hate it as won't lay flat, I have tried Pocket Finsbury, pocket Malden, filofax malden personal is due to arrive. Love my Midori and Van der Spek but purple Malden I do love but not using her.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I love my custom Van der Spek, in personal size and sadly I must admit that my Van der Spek gold croco, has been my used for everything. I love her so much. I do have an option of getting her twin for it in white ostrich. As the personal size has became my purse, brain, my everything in there. Makes me feel bit like a filofax traitor, but she just gives me a lot of pleasure to use. The high tactileness of her I enjoy.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
Filofax, Midori, Van der Spek, Day-runner, iPads
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
Filofax Malden purple
6. What do you use your organisers for?
- My wallet and brain personal Van der Spek croco
- A5 Van der Spek she is my Filofax for my stories, and quotes
- My purple Filofax will hold all my medical condition for specialist to take some bulk out my croco when she arrives
- My Midori been using it be creative and enjoy that
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
That you can change pages and section. The only thing stopping you is your own creativity
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
That why I went Van der Spek: the choice of colour, larger rings, gold rings, but I would love a personal with a large back pocket like a wallet, if there is one I have not seen it but think it is a great idea.
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
In my hand like a clutch purse but am trying to find a bag, but thinking making a handbag just big enough for it, and my phone and that is it.
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
Malden but do have a weakness to the Temperley London. The $800 way out this girls league.
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
$300 purple personal Malden as I knew the lady I bought it from was also on my Facebook groups was selling to raise to get an operations
Oh and I paid $200 for Filofax purple mini then found they were on special brand new at Filofax, but granted when I got she made it beautiful with beautiful charm she was beautiful. Like you always find with us planner people, we are generous.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Washi tape and post it notes cover mistakes well, and don't be afraid if it is not working keep adjusting to find yourself. Don't give up. I took a while for a planner before I found my soft spot if home. So just go with the flow. Buy sell and swap if need to. But most of all be generous and you will see generosity, come back.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
That Philofaxy is happy to accept us, even if we love Van der Spek, still made feel welcomed and the people. You love planners your home, free printables are gold in my opinion
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Can't say I seen any, but would love to see a diary page with a full late communication section as most mine is used is for telephone calls from electrical business.
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Never, I married a disco jockey, so steal from him
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
No, but if one ever met in Australia in Queensland I might serious think of it
17. What was the last movie you watched?
Police Academy 3
18. What was the last book you read?
Heartlands, by Catherine Hein
19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
Brad Pitt all the way
Thank you Toni for appearing on Reader Under The Spotlight. We always need people to appear in this feature, so please don't be afraid to step forward. Please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com