Hi, my name is Hannah! I'm a 21 year old wife and mother to one little boy. We live together in Salisbury, England. I'm currently a stay at home Mum, having recently resigned from a position that required me to be organised 110% of the time. I class 'Filofaxing' as one of my main hobbies, alongside pen-palling to lots of people all over the world! I'm known as 'planner lady' to those who work in the local shops, and a 'Filophile' to my friends at baby groups.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I've always had an organiser, for as long as I can remember! I used to use basic planners from Staples or Ryman (etc), and then I discovered Moleskine diaries, which I used for quite a few years. It was in October 2013 that I stumbled across a blog with a Kikki K review, and decided to invest in a ring bound planner. I went to Paperchase and picked a pretty one, but the rings began to gap after just a week, so I took it back and bought my first Filofax - an A5 black Metropol.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have tried Kikki K, Kate Spade and Paperchase, along with a spiral-bound planner by Organised Mum. I would love to try a VDS or Gillio in the future.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
My current favourite is my personal Ochre Malden. I had been lusting after a Malden for a very long time, and when one came up at a good price I snapped it up without blinking! Everything about it works so perfectly for me. I just wish it had bigger rings!
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
I own 17 organisers right now, and switch between them all. 14 of them are Filofaxes, 1 is Kikki K, 1 is Kate Spade, and 1 is an Organised Mum Life Book.
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
Tough question! I honestly have no idea! At a guess, I would say my personal raspberry Finsbury...? Until recently I owned a personal black Cavendish, which would definitely have been the oldest.
6. What do you use your organisers for?
At the moment I'm using five organisers:
A5 Brown Metropol as a Family Binder. I keep documents, important dates, addresses and telephone numbers etc in there, and not a diary. An Organised Mum Life Book as my Family Diary. A personal Ochre Malden as my day-to-day diary and journal. A personal pinky-purple Domino as a pen pal log / notes / record binder. And lastly, a pocket Kingfisher Blue Finsbury as a purse / wallet.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I like the loose-leaf system. Nothing irritates me more than not being able to add and remove paper when I want to!
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
It would have large rings! 30mm, maybe even 35mm...! I am an 'overstuffer' and love a fat planner. It would feature two pen loops. It would be gorgeous soft, supple leather, much like my Malden. It'd definitely have a good-sized zip pocket on the interior. It'd hard to decide what I'd have, because I love lots of features on all of my organisers!
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
Honestly, just stuffed in my bag...!
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I very much like the look of a personal Lockwood, but I'm trying to spend as little money as possible in the run up to Christmas. It might just accidentally fall into my shopping cart.
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
I've been very lucky with my purchases and have always managed to score bargains. The most I've spent was £70 on an A5 Fuchsia Original.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Use the clear flyleaf as a place to stick post it notes! A life changer!
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
The strong sense of community; we are all here because we share a love for organisers! I love the Web Finds too, as they're a fantastic source for inspiration.
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Is this a trick question?!
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor. It just makes me feel happy!
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
I haven't, sadly! I have attended a few planner meets arranged within other planner groups which was pretty great! It was wonderful to see how other people plan. I'd love to attend a Philofaxy meet if there's ever one in my area.
17. What was the last movie you watched?
Cast Away. I was very poorly and being nursed by my Husband! I couldn't hear a thing, though, as my ears were blocked.
18. What was the last book you read?
We Need To Talk About Kevin. I didn't particularly enjoy it though; it was a hard read.
19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
George Clooney. Absolutely. 100%. Phwoar!
Thank you Hannah. As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com