After several phone calls, it seems that the nice people at Volkswagen had decided to extend the free cover for a further four months to coincide with when the car was first registered. It's very nice when that type of thing happens, but it made me realise that I need to keep a record of up and coming renewal dates for my piece of mind.
After pulling out all the relevant information, I was going to enter the dates in my calendar but realised that it would be sufficient to just write them down on some lined paper. It didn't take me very long to do and it now resides in my reference/miscellaneous section at the back of my Kensington. I love the fact that it's all in one place and so easy to find.
For me, this highlights how useful my Filofaxes are for keeping important details all in one place. It used to be too easy for me to have information spread out across several notebooks, filed away or on my computer. I have started using my reference section more nowadays and I'm finding that having such easy access to useful information is quite a revelation. To give you a small glimpse into my mind/life, my first insert in the section has the following random things:
- A recipe for my favourite plum sauce (great for chicken and duck)
- How to increase/decrease my MacBook Pro's volume by smaller increments
- A recipe for crafting an item for an online game I play
- Details of the hours that my Mum, sister and Mum-in-law work
- A post-it note on the back with the names of some wine that I enjoyed and would like to get round to buying again.