24 July 2026

Free for All Friday No. 924 by Nan

Do you ever have a moment when you can't carry your organizer--or just don't want to use it? What is your fallback?

With me, it's the calendar on my phone, and a spreadsheet on my tablet for creating lists, tasks, and project timelines. 

I'd like to hear your fallbacks! Is it a bound notebook? Index cards? A weekly planner from the corner store? 

As always, all discussion relating to ring organizers is welcome on Friday! 

5 comments:

  1. One of my recent purchases, a Tempus A5 binder, came (among others) with very special slotted multifit inserts: Six slots and two holes. These would fit A5 Old Chronoplan, A5 Standard, A5 Personal and A5 4-ring 45-65-45 binders - a total of four standards.
    There is also a full-leather 12-hole multipurpose divider to fit Standard A5 and Personal A5 ring spacing.

    Multifit will maximise the customer range of insert manufacturers, but looks a bit strange. What do you think about slotted/multifit inserts? Do you have experience regarding tear-resistance of the slots?

    Hans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Along similar lines, to archive my Filofax-style A5 pages, I cut out a slot between the 4th and 5th holes (counting down from the top) and then I can store the pages in a standard UK 2-ring binder. It also works with Personal pages, but the slot is cut between the 5th and 6th hole.

      Delete
  2. Field Notes! They're small and light enough that they're always with me even in my tiniest purses. And anything time-sensitive goes in my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the bare minimum I have been using William Hannah's pocket-size card covered notebooks - just one slips nicely into my pre-decimalisation men's leather wallet. But in reality I hardly ever leave the flat without a bag that's big enough to fit my A6 William Hannah leather notebook in which I have a day to page diary, to do lists, and lined paper for any notes. In an ideal world I'd live in an A5 binder, either discs or rings, but I've never found the ideal bag to carry it whilst giving a creative rather than professional vibe. The whole thing is still evolving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a PocketMod, with a weekly view on page 1, then daily views on the remaining 7 pages. This is tucked into my tiny folded credit card wallet, with a Narwhalco pen in the fold.

    ReplyDelete