16 December 2021

'Grace Scurr' 75th Anniversary Limited Edition - Daily Use.

After last weeks post I was contacted by Dirk in Germany:

Hi Steve,

I thought you might be interested in some pictures showing a very used Filofax 75th Anniversary Limited Edition Organiser.

You can see all those scratches, scars, ink stains it had to endure over the years. But the stitching is still intact and the leather is still going strong.

Owning some 20 organisers, I have used this one quite regularly since I bought it, but obviously the previous owner used it heavily without paying too much attention…

Best regards

Dirk
He was very kind to give me permission to share the photos he sent me. 






And for comparison, here is the outside of my own which I hadn't photographed! 


Dirk's example certainly reminds me of a well used gentleman's wallet that has seen a lot of use, the leather soft and supple, with a lovely shine, that can only develop given plenty of handling and time. 

Thank you Dirk for sharing your 'Grace Scurr' with us. I'm sure it will continue to have plenty of life in it for many years to come. 

What is the oldest organiser or leather item that you own? 


 

4 comments:

  1. I own a very old and well used early Winchester. It was originally green but years of being used made the cover originally brown. Awesome piece of patina leather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time Manager (TMI) Executive in grey leather 1988 and a Time Manager Leather Compact (1989/90) are the oldest I still own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to this one thanks Dirk.
    I have a nut hide PH201 1/4 Filofax that dates from 1976.
    The leather is quite aged and has a similar appearance to these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Dirk, for sharing & what a wonderful patina!

    My oldest binder is a Lefax slimline City :
    https://philofaxy.blogspot.com/2021/08/lefax-city-slimline.html

    ReplyDelete