That is another month coming to a close!! July has been another hot rain free month here in France (with the exception of a brief thunderstorm early yesterday morning!).
No doubt you will have seen the news about the wild forest fires here in France. Thank you to everyone that has asked if we are ok. We have had a few small local fires, but we are about 280 km (175 miles) north of the main affected area near Bordeaux.
I've made a start this month preparing the Word file for my 2027 diary inserts.
I'm sticking with Personal Size. It has been working very well so far this year, I had some reservations at the beginning of the year, but no regrets.
I have made a couple of minor tweaks to how my fixed tasks are shown each week, but no other changes. I'm just populating the file with UK and French public holidays as well as key birthdays.
Have you started thinking about next year for your inserts yet? As always it is Friday so please feel free to discuss anything Filofax related.
Where do you get your event information, Steve?
ReplyDeleteMainly the respective government websites. You get some incorrect assumptions otherwise. For instance Christmas in 2027 falls on a Saturday and Sunday, therefore in UK the Monday and Tuesday have been declared bank holidays!
DeleteIn France any public holiday that falls on a Saturday and Sunday is not compensated for at all. Plus we don't have Boxing Day here in France it's a normal working day! One year we even had an oil delivery on the 26 December!
But there are plenty of sites such as timeanddate.com that have a wealth of information for all countries around the world. I'm just odd with concentrating on UK and France, the sort of combination that normal pre-printed inserts don't cater for!