20 August 2026

Philofaxy Video Web Finds, Your Help Is Required

You might not have noticed the change to the weekly posts, but since Google/YouTube changed the format of their site, it has become harder to assemble these posts. 

They have removed the ability to sort the results in upload order. I can still restrict the results to the last week or month. But what comes out is a bit of a jumbled mess, and often includes posts that have no relevance to Filofax or similar. 

Fortunately I have other ways of finding posts,  but I need to know the channel name to be able to use that method. 

I'm not giving up, it's just not as reliable as it once was and it's taking me much longer to put those posts together each week. 

Can you help? Yes you can, comment below with the details of any YouTube planning channel that you think deserves more exposure. Or send me an email: philofaxy at gmail dot com

The channel doesn't have to have thousands of subscribers already. The change to Google/YouTube seems to be filtering out the lesser channels compared to before. 

Likewise any blogs that we might have missed, although the number of people blogging these days seems to be decreasing still!

Thank you. 
 

11 comments:

  1. Does anyone know if there are any inserts that are divided into 24 hours for medical purposes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would actually be an interesting topic. It also depends a lot on your sleeping habits, and on the exact purpose: Where does a day start and end, if you consider it the timespan you are awake?

      TV magazine days, for example, usually start at 6:00AM and run until 5:59AM, so you won't have to flip forth and back late in the evening.

      In Japan, "after hours" are counted up. So you can see gym opening hours from 08:00-26:00. That makes many things a lot easier.

      For the average human, the turnover hour is most likely 4:00AM. For a calendar day, it would simply something like 24 lines from 00:00 to 23:00, possibly with subdividers depending on the page size.

      Hans

      Delete
    2. I have wo1p and wo2p diaries with 24 hour slots (and Objective slots). I developed it in response to a request by Nibscratcher. Let me know if you're interested, and I can send you the printable as a PDF.

      Delete
    3. Yes, Kevin, I am very interested, How do I contact you? I can provide my email if appropriate?

      Delete
    4. You can contact me using an email address that can be seen in the second picture in this article:

      https://philofaxy.blogspot.com/2024/05/guest-post-using-filofax-organisers-as.html?m=1

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your work compiling the Video Web Finds lists Steve, I'm sorry it's become more difficult but I'm sure there are plenty like me who appreciate it. I hope the summer fires didn't reach your part of France.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to the original topic; more enshittification of Google services...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two YouTube channels I particularly enjoy are Carl Pullein and Sam or InRealLifeWithSam (I can't find him by searching but his YouTube channel is UCCC4lOBtLv1x1Tv0uH1fbfQ).

    Carl has gone back to using a hybrid digital and analogue system incorporating notebooks and a Franklin Covey planner.

    Sam is a recent convert to notebooks and would probably be more suited to the TNTimes channel. He is finding his way back via Travellers' Notebooks and all the pen and paper goodness.

    What I like about both of these channels is that they aren't the "pretty planning" that is quite dominant on social media. They are about working with paper-based systems alongside digital where it is appropriate.

    Hope this helps a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam, I will check them both out.

      Delete
    2. Found both and I now have them in my monitoring system

      Delete
    3. Carl's videos have featured in the roundups for a long time. They're usually short and to the point (which is good), but I'm not always convinced by his ideas. Or maybe just one egregiously poor one has biased me against him... It may also be a consequence of the 'professional planning guru' feeling the need to keep 'creating new content', though that is equally applicable to the amateur content generators. I'm also wary of people who lecture with far too much assurance on matters where there is no 'right' answer...

      Delete