18 November 2012

Reader Under the Spotlight - Cherry

Today I would like to introduce you to another one of our readers Cherry.

Hi, I'm Cherry. I'm from the UK and I'm addicted to stationary. There, I said it. I'm a mother, designer and a firm lover of everything vintage.

I have a blog where I sometimes talk about my Filofaxes amongst other things

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I had a Funfax addiction as a kid! I had several of them and all I wanted for my birthday each year was some more inserts. As an adult I brought a cherry red Metropol in personal size in 2008/9 whilst in my last year of Uni and it changed my life.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I've never really used any other brand of ring organiser like this, I just went straight for Filofax!

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My favourite at the moment is my Swift Personal. It's pretty, but am toying with trying to move to my slimline.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

At last count - seven. It's possible I have one or two more than that in storage! I've a Flex A5, Flex Slim, Metropol Personal in red, Hearts Personal, Swift Personal, Metropol Slimline in Black & Songbird Pocket in Purple.

5. What do you use your Filofax for?

How I use it has changed dramatically since I brought my first. Back then I was in my final year of Uni and very disorganised with many many exams and deadlines. Thankfully my Filofax kept me in control of it all and I graduated without incident.

These days I'm a mum, and in-between that I've used it to organise meetings for work. Right now I use the Organised Mum Pick n Mix inserts along with a Filofax diary and use it all to keep on top of family life. I really wish Filofax would sell the Family Organiser Pack in the UK as it'd be the ultimate answer for me!

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The ability to customise. I just couldn't use any other organiser as I'd never have the flexibility I have now to add/ take away pages and swap them between organisers.

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I always lust after the more expensive Filofax ranges sadly. I love the look of the Deco and the Malden, but I'm vegan so all the leather organisers are off limits for me. If I could design my own it'd be something that shared some of those ranges lovely features but in a gorgeous textured faux leather.

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

I just throw it in my handbag/ satchel / nappy bag!

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I'm lusting after a Pennybridge Compact in red. I'm trying not to buy it as I'm sure my better half would tell me I don't need any more, but I probably will!

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

Around £30 on my Swift, but I've spent far more on what goes inside it!

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I love the reader spotlights! It's really inspiring to see how others use their organisers and i'm always getting new ideas.

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Well, that's tough. I'm pretty sure that there isn't anything I dislike. I guess the only downside is that I spend far too much time reading it!

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?

I love music. The last album was The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten.

Thank you Cherry for offering to go under our spot light.  And if any one else would like to feature in a Reader Under The Spotlight of their own them please contact us at philofaxy at gmail dot com

4 comments:

  1. I love reading about other moms and how they use their Filos! Thanks Cherry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cherry! It was lovely to hear you here. I am after this red Pennybridge as well and I wonder when I will treat myself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cherry for a great post - and for the tip-off re The Gaslight Anthem - I'm probably going to buy that.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to 'meet' you Cherry. It's a shame that Filofax don't do a 'luxury' planner for those who don't want leather - it must be frustrating as a lot of their non leather seem to be aimed at the very young market. I'm surprised they don't do something Cath Kidston-ish as that type of design is so popular.

    ReplyDelete