Hi there! I'm Audrey. I am a Mom of 3 grown kids....so I'm still adjusting to the empty nest. I work as a secretary for Adult Probation and love my job. I also make and sell handmade crafts on the side and love that too! I love all office supplies and stationery. Guess this is one reason I love my job! he, he!! I love the color PINK and OWLS!
My filofax helps me keep it all together, work, college kids, crafting inventory, and household managing.
We live out in the country in Texas with our 5 dogs, 2 are rescue dogs. We have 3 labradors, Mocha, Cocoa and Presley, and 2 poodles, Bella and Handsome. They keep me very busy!!!
My blog is called: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A COUNTRY MOUSE
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I have always used planners, I have a daytimer that's about 4 years old. But I received my FIRST Filofax, a Pink Calipso in May for Mother's day from my 3 kids. To this day...it's my favorite because they bought it for me.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have used a Daytimer and I really liked it, but now I prefer my Filos.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
My favorite planner right now is my Personal Size Ochre Malden. Perfect for fall and I love the soft, buttery leather.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
Besides my pink compact Calipso and Personal Ochre Malden, I have an A5 Pink Patent Domino, and a purplish-pink pocket size Finsbury.
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
It would have to be my Daytimer.
6. What do you use your organisers for?
I use my personal Ochre right now as my wallet. It goes where I go! It's got my daily diary, contacts, pet info, cards, and ideas. My A5 is used as a "journal", I write more details about each day. There's a section for my work schedule and "to-do's", it's got a section to keep inventory of my handmade items that I will be selling at a local shop.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
Hmmm, It would have to be the daily/weekly diary. Helps me stay organized. I also love the pockets in my Ochre Malden.
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Oh wow...hmmm, not really sure. Maybe more slots.
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
My Ochre Malden goes with me in my purse. My A5 goes as is, nestled in my arms. :)
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
The Personal size Ochre Malden...and it's already mine!
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
It would have to be the Pink Compact Calipso...my kids paid $85 for it.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Hmm, I was pleased to discover that my personal or compact size Daytimer inserts (Credit Card pockets) fit my Ochre Malden.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I love the group, the tips, the inspiration and the motivation. You learn something new everyday!
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
I am happy with it all!
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
I just downloaded Redeemed by Mercy Me, Break Every Chain by The Digital Age, and Take it All by Hillsong Live.
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
No I haven't, but maybe someday!
17. What was the last movie you watched?
Left Behind with Nicolas Cage. Really good movie, I really like Nicolas too! :)
18. What was the last book you read?
Breaking Free by Beth Moore.
19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
Why George Clooney, of course! :)
Thank you Audrey. As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com