21 December 2014

Reader Under the Spotlight - Becky

Today I would like to introduce you to Becky. 

Hi there. I'm an international communications student living British Columbia with my husband and our two dogs.

I have held an odd compulsion to hoard notebooks and office supplies since I was a child. I like to think I take after my mom because she has used a planner forever and she maintains this magnificent library of binders that I didn't appreciate until recently.

Becky blogs over at Becky's Paper Route

Thanks for the spotlight!

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

On June 19, 2012, I bought a Mini Metropol in black.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

Filofax was my first love and I've always feel that it wins in comparison to other ringed bound brands. However, I have been drooling over those refillable Midori Traveler's Notebooks recently.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My personal zip Holborn in wine is my favourite companion. It's the perfect size, lays nearly flat, and the buffalo leather is difficult to put down. The best part is that I always have at least one spare pocket. There are little touches too like the long zippered pocket within a larger pocket and the contrast stitching. The stretchy pen loop is lovely. I could go on forever.

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

I'm down to 3 Filofaxes (I just gave one to my mom), a little Avery Dennison binder that I use as an organizer, and an "Advantage Organizer" that was given to me as a gift.

5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?

I would have to guess my Tecnic. I don't think it has been produce in a long while.

6. What do you use your organisers for?

My Holborn is my wallet. I have been bullet journaling in it for a minute now. I like an organizer instead of a notebook for this method because I can use different sections for the monthly spread, to-dos, daily pages, and collections (plus a couple of additional sections). I use it for most everything except for school/work notes, budgeting, and shopping lists.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

I would have to say the online community. I get a lot of happiness from reading about other people's systems and sharing mine.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

My Holborn is pretty close to perfection, but I could always use another pen loop. It would be nice to have a zipper or something on the little pocket on the left hand side to keep coins from falling out.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

I'm very practical these days- I carry it in my sporty sling bag that I use instead of a purse.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I have a crush on the cherry Classic A5. Alas, I cannot justify the purchase.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?

I spent $42.80 on my mini Metropol, my first Filofax and the only one I have ever purchased new directly from Filofax. I bought the others cheaper secondhand. It just goes to show you don't have to be wealthy to be a planner addict.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

I guess I have a couple. If you want to give your organizer some personality, you'd be surprised what you can find on your bookshelf. Also, paperclips are fantastic cheap page markers and packing tape is kind of like laminate.
Side note: I did not realize that the space inside the rings was handy for carrying an extra pen for an embarrassingly long time.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

The Web Finds have lead me to some really interesting and insightful blogs.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

The only thing I can think of is the Pinterest ban.

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

I use a streaming service and lately I've been listening to a lot of Milky Chance, Barbarisms, and the Beta Band.

16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day? 

I haven't and I would LOVE to attend a Philofaxy meet-up in Vancouver.

17. What was the last movie you watched?

Aliens 2.

18. What was the last book you read?

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut.

19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt? 

I'm a big fan of Fight Club so I'll go with Brad.


4 comments:

  1. These reader under the spotlight features are so fun to read. Thanks Becky for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to 'meet' you, Becky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your interview! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, shucks. You guys are too nice!

    ReplyDelete