09 August 2015
Reader Under The Spotlight - Lindsay
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I bought my first organizer in 1995 in high school. It was a generic 5 star organizer.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
For work I use the Passion Planner for goal setting and organizing as well as my Outlook Calendar for reminders that are sent to my email and my iPhone.
I have considered quite a few others as well: I really like the look of the Marion Smith Planners and the colorful FoxyDoris. As far as layouts I love the Day Designer and the LimeLife Planner layouts although I am not a fan of coil bound planners.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
Currently I am loving my FiloFax Personal Original in Fluoro Pink! The color is so striking, I just love it!
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
I currently own three FiloFax's - an A-5 in Nude, a personal sized Patent Domino in Turquoise and the FiloFAX Personal Original in Fluoro Pink.
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
My pocket calendar from Day Designer, which I am currently transitioning out of.
6. What do you use your organisers for?
I use my Personal Fluoro for my every day appointments and errands. It is set up with monthly and a week on two pages. I also have a section for blogging ideas, special projects and other creative thoughts.
I use my A-5 to organize my household. I keep a monthly calendar and weekly calendar as well as a weekly meal planner, budgeting lists, cleaning charts and as a mini 43 file system...without the 43 files! When things come in each week I keep them in a specific folder and then file them away after each week.
7. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?
Answered above although I would like to take a moment to address digital calendars (gasp!) - For years I tried to use digital calendars and was mildly successful at it. The problem was that it always felt like a mess in my mind. Physically writing the appointment down on paper has really helped me have less stress! I made the switch from digital to printed organizers recently and now use my Google calendar as a shared calendar with my fiance as well as for volunteer groups I serve with.
The fact that they are instantly shareable is a huge advantage but for overall peace of mind I have an analog calendar is what has given me planner peace! My digital calendar is updated but is mostly used as a reminder service to my iPhone when I am on the go to for quick reminders and work meetings. Having a creative outlet has also been a great destressor! It's nice to be inspired while your planning!
8. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I love that it is a binder. I can easily add and remove items. I just hole punch it and place it right in there. Also the fact that I can design inserts to exactly what I want and put them in there myself. Every Sunday is a mini craft project and I'm always looking for inspiration from others to improve!
9. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I would design the Pink Fluro and the Nude with the Malden features like the zip pocket and the card holders.
10. How do you carry your Filofax?
I keep the original cover on my A-5 Nude. I keep that one at home and in my briefcase. I keep my Personal Flouro Pink in my purse and on my desk while I am at work.
11. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I love the Temperly Affair Compact Organizer and the Purse Organizers in Scarlet Red, Black and White! I will probably start with the purse organizers! The Temperly starts at $585 - perhaps one day!
12. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
My A-5 Nude is the most expensive one I own.
13. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Don't be afraid to make your own inserts! Your local print shop is a great resource!
14. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I love the weekly emails with all the blog listings. I add new people to my digg reader every week.
15. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
More people should utilize your ads feature.
16. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
I recently bought a subscription to Spotify which I love! The playlists they offer are wonderful. Other than that, Taylor Swift, 1989.
17. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
I have not. I would love to attend a meetup!
18. What was the last movie you watched?
Jurassic Word in 3D. Loved it!
19. What was the last book you read?
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Lindsay is a healthcare marketing professional in Augusta, Georgia. She has received several honors including Top 10 Young Professionals to Watch by the Augusta Chamber of Commerce, Best Media Person to Follow on Twitter by the Readers of Augusta Magazine and has been a Red Cross Fundraising Hero for three years. She enjoys volunteering, cooking, and spending time with her fiance, Steven and their four year old dog-child Lilly Belle. Follow her on Twitter @lindsaythetford or at bitesandbrunches.com
Thank you Lindsay.
As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.
So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.