06 August 2021

Free For All Friday - No. 665 by Steve


Life has been fairly unpredictable these last two years. The pandemic has wrecked so many plans. Planning anything much in advance has had a certain amount of risk involved. 

Last night we learnt that from this Sunday, France would no longer be considered to be a country of high infection risk. Sunday will be our Day 10 of our isolation! Although we have done Day 2/8 tests and we passed the Day 5 early release tests as well, so we were able to escape beyond the boundary of the garden on Wednesday morning. 

If we had known this a few months ago!!! But you have to plan and book things with the knowledge you have at the time. It hasn’t been wasted time though I’ve been well employed during our enforced isolation for the first 5 days here. Apart from talking every day to the nice ladies at NHS Track and Trace, who called us both every day to make sure we were following the rules! 

Planning has been key as it always is to working around restrictions I am pleased with my choice of planner for the trip, my A5 Holborn Zip. Having to carry a lot of extra paperwork in the form of test certificates and vaccination certificates I wanted something that was secure. 

When you travel do you change what organiser you use? 

Of course it is Friday so please feel free as usual to discuss anything organiser related. Have a great weekend. 


6 comments:

  1. I normally just take whichever binder that I'm currently using - I remove most of the contents & just add back in whatever I'll need for my trip. I have also used a pocket sized Raydori for when I've wanted to reduce the amount that I'm carrying. I have recently acquired a slimline Lefax (post coming here soon) & think that could work well for travel too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't in a paper planner the last time I traveled out of the State but usually carry a plastic document folder to add any paper items to. It can slide right into the not much depth zip pocket that is in almost every suitcase.

    For quick few day trips to Maui (I live in Honolulu), I have been carrying my personal filofax croc compact rings (I freakin love that planner!).It is my usual on the go planner anyways. I also carry an A4 document holder (the type from Japan that is narrow so you fold a letter sized document into a third). I often use this document holder for paperwork at home too if I need to renew my car registration, that type of thing. I often work when I go to Maui too so I often carry my A5 slim Jibun Techo, which is what I use for work and my laptop. And one of my journals for writing.

    When we began to take longer trips I'll probably will only carry a standard TN with a document holder insert, a journaling insert and weekly insert.

    I'm very curious what the smaller item is in your pic - it looks like a Holburn personal but there is not snap closure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a Holborn Slimline, which doesn't have a clasp. But it slots in to one of the pockets perfectly!

      Delete
  3. Hello Steve! (Zsuzsanna from Costa Rica here.) I'm not in the habit of switching binders when I travel, but instead I tend to travel (when I did) with the whole pack, and added some extra pages for packing lists, to-dos, buying lists, list of people and places to visit, maps and so on. It's actually after my travels that my planner loses some weight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zsuzanna
      I will move back in to a slimmer binder when we get back home as I will not be storing test results etc! All the various lists etc will be archived as well.

      Delete
  4. I haven't traveled in ages!! This Covid 19 is certainly a vicious thing and affects so much. Glad things are normalized again your end... love to you both. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete