23 August 2021

The forgotten book...

 Have you ever:

  • Ordered a book and forgotten about it; 
  • Ordered a book, had it delivered to a relatives address and forgotten about it;
  • Ordered a book and they forgot they had it still etc
Yes well this happened to me back in December 2019. I ordered an out of print book on Amazon UK, but the seller would only post it to a UK address. I therefore had it delivered to my son's office address in London... Hmm offices, do you remember those! 

Well this week my son handed me a mystery padded envelope that I had forgotten all about and he had forgotten it was still on his desk that he's not been to in over 18 months! I got to opened it this last week...


This book was published in 1968, note the old price on the cover. I don't remember what I paid for it! (£2.00 plus postage!

You must be wondering what is the connection between a book about Furniture Making and Filofax? 

The author David Collischon along with his wife Lesley would purchase the Norman and Hill company in 1980 which would then be renamed Filofax a few years later. 

You can read more about David Collischon in an earlier post

Fortunately I have had an interest in woodwork since my days at school! This book was mentioned in one of his obituaries.

3 comments:

  1. I love this. I’m glad you added this book to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you received this book and it’s part of your collection now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! My mum had a wonderful old Mrs Beeton cookery book. Huge and battered. I adored reading it as a child!!! Hopefully you'll enjoy your book in the same way!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete