04 March 2022

Free For All Friday No 695 by Laurie

My Filofax helps me to be mentally resilient, which is a challenge for me. I like to make plans, and feel disrupted when those plans suddenly change.

But I have found the flexibility of changing pages in my Filofax according to my immediate needs lets me pivot quickly when circumstances change.

For example, if I have to travel at short notice, I can just pop the pages relevant to the time I'll be away into my slimline binder and off I go.

If my planning needs change (as they so often do) I can switch out planning pages to work for my new situation.

And when my goals, focus, or priorities change, I can update my pages and/ or tabbed sections accordingly.

Not being stuck with bound pages helps me feel calm and prepared, knowing I can have all the relevant information and planning pages I need, when I need them.

How does your Filofax help your mental resilience?

And as always on Fridays, feel free to ask and/ or discuss anything ring binder organiser related.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laurie, what Filofax model and size are you using at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in an A5 Finsbury in the Coral color. Love it. The slimline binder I referred to in my post is the A5 Heritage. Great for traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, a ring binder is the ultimate flex tool. Just like you, I change out inserts as needed, which is great when life feels overwhelming. As much as I love the idea of a bound book for all the things, I need to be able to remove what is no longer working and keep the year-long or other long-term stuff around while having updated planner inserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is what I love the best. I can keep some things in year after year, some things in for the relevant year, and other things can come and go as I need.

      Delete