25 March 2022

Free For All Friday - No. 698 by Anita

Recently I've been catching up on some reading and podcasts, and as it often does, it's been making me think about how I can use my Filofax in different ways.

One podcast that I'd recommend is this compilation of David Allen's 'Two minute tips for turbulent times' GTD podcasts:
https://gettingthingsdone.com/2021/12/two-minute-tips-for-turbulent-times-with-david-allen/

I haven't finished listening to it yet, but once I'm done, I'm going to make a list of my favourite ones, as I think that it will be a great resource to help me get going on any days that I might be feeling a bit overwhelmed or stuck. 

I'm also thinking of writing separate 'toolkits' for different purposes that will be a brief list that will serve as reminders, e.g. how to get my email back up to date or do a Filofax review. I haven't started on them yet, but the idea is so that I don't need to do the thinking again and again. 

For example, I have a post-it note on the back of my dashboard that is a prompt for some self-care basics: 
  • Drink?
  • Snack?
  • Have a break?
  • Get outside?
  • Move?
  • Time alone?
  • Company? 
Do you keep lists or reminders like these ones in your organiser?

And as always on Fridays, please feel free to discuss anything organiser related.

4 comments:

  1. Anita, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this topic. I am retiring next week and, as all planners, I realize that my planning needs will change to fit my new lifestyle. I’d love to hear more about your lists and toolkits as they develop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes in your retirement. It took me a while to realise that my needs had changed after stopping working. And then it took me a year to adapt my planning style to my new life demands!

      Don't stop planning though... just do it for different reasons!

      Delete
  2. Weird.. that GTD podcast link only takes me to the Blogger homepage where you create a blog (?)

    ReplyDelete