11 March 2022

Free for All Friday No. 696 by Nan

 If the past couple of years have taught us anything, it's how to be prepared for unexpected changes and challenges. As Laurie mentioned last Friday, one great advantage of using a ring-bound organizing system is that you can move pages around and customize your planner on the fly! 

In my case, when I'm really feeling the need to regroup, I do what I call "panic buying." If I decide I absolutely must move up to a larger page size, for example, I'll head out the door and buy a full complement of supplies in that size, even more than I really need. Only then can I calm down and start reorganizing my mind and life. 

Has this ever happened to you?

As always on Fridays, all discussion related to ring-bound organizers is welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Guilty as charged! I find that when I feel out of control in my life my first reaction is to set up a new planner or reconfigure my planner in an effort to feel more in control of my life! I've been trying to stay focused on staying in rings this year so that my regrouping can be within a system already in place rather than moving from one bound/preconfigured system to another one completely! That's the beauty of rings, I think! Keep what works, move out what doesn't and add in what you need as your life evolves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same! I had a set rotaing roster at work and it's all gone pear shaped and changed. I had my planner set for the year with my days off marked. Then covid began making its way through the team. So I have to reprint my inserts and feel as though I can't plan at all.

    ReplyDelete