27 October 2023

Free For All Friday - No. 781

 

This weekend sees the clocks in Europe returning to conventional 'Winter' time or non-day-light saving time. This is a week before the USA changes back an hour. 

In theory, we get an extra hour 'in bed' or sleep. But there will be lots of clocks to change! Most things in our house that are connected to the internet will automatically change. But that still leaves a lot of things to still get changed (cameras, old style timers...... and the cooker!) 

I use the opportunity to reset the time on various things. 

I have listed the clocks to change on a 'To-Do' sheet in my Filofax to make sure I don't forget one! 

It is of course Friday, so feel free to discuss anything Filofax related.... start planning how to spend that extra hour, this weekend of the following weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I have a beautifully made but unbranded A5 conference folder with a standard metal two-ring setup, which I bought years ago and have been unable to find its like since then. It would make a magnificent 6-ring binder and be far more versatile for my purposes if I could convert it. Does anyone know whether the method to remove these types of binder rings is significantly different to removing riveted Filofax (and similar) 6-ring mechanisms? I'm willing to trash the original mechanism, and happy to have 2 studs showing on the spine from a new 6-ring mechanism, but I am concerned about damaging this absolute beaut of a binder. Any tips or suggestions would be most welcome, please!

    ReplyDelete