However, the month seems different, children have gone back to school, people around us have returned to their normal work patterns.
I feel that September is a good time to review progress, to look again at that list of 'do someday' jobs and try to get them completed before we get in to the dark winter days when the we start to get more wind and rain.
These tasks might only be small and not take very long to do, but you might have been putting them off or just overlooked them.
Time to refresh your To-Do list, set aside some time to do it soon....

I have always found autumn too be a time of renewal. Perhaps it is because it was the start of a new academic year when we were all younger, perhaps it is the crisp mornings and deep blue skies on clear days, or maybe the die-back of nature before winter, the trees dropping their leaves, it feels like the right time to clear down my organiser and replan and refresh my thinking. Three months or so to the new year is enough time to complete the goals I have not achieved in the present one and to prepare for the next one to be more successful.
ReplyDeleteI have been in the school system with my children for the last 20 years so I am properly ingrained to the start of the year being September. I love starting back to school and proper routine. I find myself redressing my layout and how I work with my planner around this time of year. I also make a Christmas planner ready for the next few months.
ReplyDeleteThis is my actual New Year, as it is my journey around the sun. I set goals and set my planner for eight weeks to close out the calendar year due to interruptions of the holidays. The marketers have begun the fourth quarter revenue push, which can affect one’s state of flow. I’ve been very tempted even with obtaining planner supplies. However, I stopped myself and closed the browser. I cancelled ordering refills as a test not to go overboard spending. I realize that I’ve been practicing Planner Resets since 1986.
ReplyDeleteooops forgot to add my name to the previous Anonymous Post. It’s Jessie, Pittsburgh (PA)
ReplyDelete