1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I bought my First Filofax in July 2012. It was a pink personal sized raspberry Chameleon. Funnily enough I sold it a few days later to buy and A5 size but ended up re-purchasing the same one a few weeks later!
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
Up until now I would never have considered another brand that is until this week when I discovered the Gillio brand. I am placing this binder on my wish list for now and maybe will treat myself this Christmas.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
Out of all of the organisers that I have had the Osterley in A5 is my favourite. I love how the leather looks and feels and it really is a touch of class. It is so beautiful that I have recently ordered a personal Osterley in wine to compliment my A5
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
I have at one time had as many as 17, but have recently sold most of my collection and still have some for sale on the adspot page here on Philofaxy. So I currently possess 5, an osterley a5 and a personal on its way, a raspberry chameleon and also two work planners and a4 metropol and an a5 lyndhurst.
5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?
The oldest Filofax that I ever owned was a black A5 Balmoral from 2003. It is a beautiful leather Filofax with lots of pockets and lovely 30mm rings. I have since passed this to another member of the philofaxy community.
6. What do you use your Filofax for?
I currently use my Filofax for everything. My personal size is for household info ,personal info, financial tracking, my blog and weekly to dos. The a5 size I use for work and that houses staff records, training notes, weekly schedules and other work related reference items.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I love the look and feel of the leather planners; to me it is very sophisticated. I also love how you can keep your planner looking new by simply changing and clearing out the pages every few weeks. Oh and the pockets, a girls got to have pockets!
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
If I could design my own planner from Filofax it would be made of 100 percent soft leather, have the pockets of a balmoral and have 30 mm rings. I would choose a burnt orange colour.
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
I carry my Filofax in my bag every day, I am never without it. In work it stays on my desk and at home time its locked in my drawer away from prying eyes.
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I currently have owned all the Filofaxes I liked but I am keeping a keen interest on the Charleston when it is released. I might be tempted if it has 30 mm rings
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
The most I have ever spent on a Filofax was the osterley a5 and even at that I got it at 50 percent off in a recent sale.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
My best advice would be not to write on the divider tabs that Filofax supplies because most likely within a few weeks or days in my case you will want to rearrange your setup! It is better to use labels or sticky notes that can be repositioned.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
The best thing about philofaxy is the great community spirit that you are welcomed with. I have made a lot of friends through this blog and the related facebook page and really enjoy meeting so many with a common interest.
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
The thing I dislike the most about philofaxy is the fact that it is soooo addictive! ☺
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
The last album I bought was Emile Sande’s, Our Version of Events.
16. Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?
It has to be Mark Darcy. Loveable and shy.
Thank you Johanne for agreeing to go under our spotlight, and of course if you would like to appear in this feature then please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com