05 October 2014

Reader Under the Spotlight - Rita

Today I would like to introduce you to Rita. 

Hi I am Rita, based in the UK. I co- own an agency for voice overs and a stationery addict! Having to juggle so many voices and clients requires many, many planners : ) I have a degree in History and as you can see from my job, I am putting it to excellent use : ) Other addictions of mine include make up, skincare products, books and American TV Drama! I am an odd girl…. I accepted that many years ago!

Feel free to follow me on @RitaSedani and browse our website www.spoken4.net

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

I would have been about 17 years young. And I believe my first one was an A5 Zipped Black Metropol. I love room to stuff things in and the zipper feature so I wouldn’t lose my scraps of paper!

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I am currently using a Gillio Medium Compagna. Van Der Speck is also on my wishlist. I am also using a pocket Akiko binder. It’s a handmade Japanese binder.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

Hmm that is a tough one. I couldn’t possibly choose between my Gillio and my Tiffany Inspired Leather Notebook Cover made by Glenda Slamm. However, I can say without any doubt I am definitely a personal size kind of girl and I love textured leathers

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?


Filofaxes:
Osterley Personal -  Plum
Luxe Compact -  Ebony
Panama Personal – Pearl
Saffiano A5 – Raspberry

Gillio:
Medium Compagna – Bazaar Rose

Kate Spade:
Debra Large – Mustard

Akiko:
Black Pocket size

5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?

Osterley Personal in plum.

6. What do you use your organisers for?

Work, address book, general journaling, lists, wishlists and tracking things like purchases, fitness etc

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

Pockets! I carry a lot of stuff and love pockets!

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

A full length back pocket to store papers etc

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

Ideally in a pouch, but most days it gets tossed into whatever handbag I am carrying

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

Temperly Violet Compact – I hope to buy it at some point Also hunting for a personal pink Topaz

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?

£245 on my Medium Gillio Compagna – though it was a present, so I guess I didn’t really buy it?! Osterley A5 Plum cost £147 which I did buy myself and later sold

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

I don’t have one!

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

It’s a very neat, clean blog which makes the reader experience easy and enjoyable

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

That I didn’t think of the blog first! : )

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Oh dear… really?? OK I’ll play along! Colourblind by The Counting Crowns

16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day? 

Sadly not, but I hope to one day soon!

17. What was the last movie you watched?

Child’s Play 2 – it was hilarious!

18. What was the last book you read?

The 10x Rule by Grant Cardone

19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?

George Clooney

Thank you Rita for agreeing to appear under out spotlight. If you would like to be part of this regular feature on Philofaxy, please contact Steve: philofaxy at gmail dot com

9 comments:

  1. So glad you are loving your "Tiffany" Rita - and that you have a degree in History :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do. I sniff her all the time : )

      Delete
  2. Welcome Rita--although I already know you here, its great to put a face to a name! Love that you are in the voice over business--so cool! Great post today-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you : ) glad you enjoyed the read. I tend to write how I speak (which is usually before thinking, so it can be a disaster!) LOL

      Delete
  3. Lovely to 'meet' you, Rita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you Rita, and thank you for submitting to the reader-under-the-spotlight questions. Very insightful - although we need to get to the bottom of who was responsible for the mis-naming of the excellent Counting Crows!

    It would be interesting to know which of your binders (and formats) you use for which of the many purposes mentioned in your list under 6 - are there organisers which stay on your desk, others which 'live' at home, and whether you have an 'every day carry'?

    ReplyDelete