Being an optimist with a dry sense of humor has gotten me out of alot of tricky situations. Now I 'homestead', this term is used very loosely, in suburbia with a husband, 3 dogs, 1 cat and 5 chickens.
While I work for a large corporation in a 'satellite' office (OK, it's a room in my house) I balance my days with cooking, organizing, crafting, vlogging and occasionally showing my mug on camera. Cooking has always been one way I express my love which explains the amount of leftovers friends and family are usually sent home with after social events. A large part of my brain is geared to solve problems, work related or not, I see the big picture and tend to approach things from the point of view - I can fix pretty much anything - stopping short of surgery and tooth removal.
I first fell in love with all things paper when I was 5 years old on a visit to my grandfather's accounting office and have been hooked ever since.
You are more likely to find me in Staples than Nordstrom or Harrods. Ironically I work in a the tech field but there is just something very comforting about writing on paper that I'm not ready to replace entirely.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I was introduced to planners/organizers at my first full time job in 1988 but now can't even recall what it was besides the fact that it was ringed and the company I was working for provided calendar refills.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I'm always keeping an eye out for new or interesting organizers and just how much customization they offer but at the moment I'm eyeing the Erin Condren planners because of the cover flexibility.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
My current favourite, purely based on use, is the Black Personal Metropol which is my wallet. I love the fact that it's utilitarian, faux leather and stands up to being tossed around without fear of scratches or dents.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
At the moment I have 10, 9 Filofax and 1 PlanAHead find that is in personal size that I keep for my husband. They are primarily black, violet and purple because I find them timeless.
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
The Pocket Sketch in black, it was a giveaway prize from an online friend which reminded me just how much I enjoy writing on paper vs. keeping track of life on electronics.
6. What do you use your organisers for?
I am primarily use my organizers for scheduled events, projects, plan weekly menu, receipts, appointments and most unusual part of my daily tracking is the number of eggs from our backyard chickens.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
It's all about the rings for me. They make the customizing possibilities endless, challenging for me to find new ways to use my organizers.
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
My Franken-Filo would have the following bits & bobs:
- Black Personal size Embossed Faux leather with raised portions silver leafed
- Full length hidden pocket
- Zipper interior pocket
- 1.5 in Silver rings to match the silver leaf on cover
- Faux Leather Dividers with silver leaf metal tabs
- Faux Leather Credit Card/Business Card inserts
- Back cover with multiple elastic pen loops (from rings to edge horizontally)
- Detachable wristlet that attaches via permanent eyelet at the top above the ring assembly
- Eyelet at the bottom (below the ring assembly) for interchangeable charms
- Easily removable ring assembly for swapping out content or removable covers, depending on which way you look at it
- Inside pockets with gussets and hidden magnetic closures to collapse when not in full use
- Better stop here...
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
I only 'carry' one and that one is on a wristlet which is clipped to the top ring. I find it easy and convenient to grab and go out the door.
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I have yet to see a Filofax that I MUST have but I always check for new arrivals.
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
I am a bargain hunter and try my best to not pay full price for anything which includes my Filofax organizers. The most I paid was my recent addition of Purple A5 Malden for $121.80
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Using the Rapesco Adjustable Diary Punch for A5 inserts by making a couple of simple markings (I did a video along with all the math so it's easy peasy).
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
Your utmost dedication and the passion you share with your readers/followers/subscribers. It's infectious!
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Not sure there is anything that I dislike.
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Regina Spector - Oh Marchello
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
No but I think it would be lovely if there is one driving distance from my home.
17. What was the last movie you watched?
18. What was the last book you read?
Dracula by Bram Stoker
19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
Clooney, Pitt is simply too pretty and a girl just can't compete with that, lol.
Thank you Natasha.
As you know we are constantly looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.
So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.