I’m Erin Cecchini, 31-years-old, and live in London, ON with my husband and our two dogs, Charley (10-year-old Yorkshire Terrier) and Greta (4-year-old Miniature Schnauzer). I’ve loved all things stationary for as long as I can remember…
By day, I work as a Project Manager in clinical trials; as you can imagine, staying organized is pretty much the most important thing about my job. I use both electronic and paper tools, but my organizers are really what help keep me afloat!
For my home/non-work related planning, I like to have a little more fun, and often post photos to my Instagram account: @parkerplans
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I’ve loved organizers ever since I received my first coil-bound planner in elementary school. The first “real” organizer I would have purchased would have been back in highschool- I believe it was a red leather Day-Timer.
2. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
Wow, it’s difficult to choose! I think my absolute favourite is my LV GM agenda in Mono because it was the planner I lusted over for a long time. I recently took the plunge … and had it monogramed with my initials immediately ☺
As for overall favourite style/size, I have to go with the VDS Seniors (unwidened).
3. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
I’ve bought and sold a number of Filofax and VDS organizers, but currently have 7 in my collection:
- Louis Vuitton GM Agenda in Mono
- A5 Filofax Original in Patent Nude
- A5 Filofax Original in Lilac
- VDS Senior (widened) in Undyed
- VDS Senior (widened) in Black Janet Leather
- VDS Senior in Black Buffalo
- Vintage Mulberry A6 in Black Croco
- 3 more on the way and 2 or 3 others on my wishlist ☺
4. What do you use your organisers for?
I use my A5’s as planners for work. I mainly use the LV organizer, which sits on my desk at home. The contents are transferred to one of my Filofax Originals when the planner needs to leave the house… I’m not letting anything happen to that one!
I live in my Senior/A6 sized binders… that’s where I do my personal/household planning. They also double as my wallet – I couldn’t imagine life without them!
5. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?
For work (A5’s), I have 4 sections; month (on 2 pages), week (on 2 pages), to-do, and notes. For my EDC (A6’s), I also have 4 sections, but they’re a bit different and include week (on 1 page), to do list, to buy list, and notes. I have pretty simple sections, but do find my “notes” section in the A6 gets pretty jumbled. I use that section for a number of different lists - brain dumps, wish lists, gift ideas, wardrobe planning for trips, tracking vacation days used/remaining, etc. It’s not the most efficient system ever, but it works for me!
6. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I’ve been very fortunate to build my dream organizer with Van der Spek! My ideal set-up is Senior size (unwidened) with 20mm rings, 6 horizontal credit card slots on right and left sides, and 2 slip pockets on each side; left side has one facing in and one facing out (for cash) and the right side has two facing in. I don’t think there’s a single thing I would change!
7. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
I don’t think I have any hacks, but one thing I would recommend is signing up for the planner groups on Facebook. I find there’s so much information with regards to organizers, layouts, decorations, etc. Definitely a place for great inspiration when you need some (or just a place to go look at really pretty planners)!
8. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? If not do you intend to one day?
I have not, but if one were ever to happen in my area, I would be there in a heartbeat!
9. What was the last movie you watched?
Deadpool. It was hubby’s choice, but I really enjoyed it.
10. What was the last book you read?
I’m in the midst of reading “Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things” by Jenny Lawson.
Thank you Erin.
As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.