24 August 2018

Free for All Friday No. 510 by Nan

What's the strangest or most unlikely place you've seen (or used) a Filofax?

I remember one particular time, way back when I owned my first Filofax, my father gave me an aquarium for Christmas, so I had to buy some fish.

I went to an aquarium store and started learning about fish, so I could figure out what to populate my tank with. Some types of fish are aggressive and not compatible with certain other fish, so you have to choose carefully. I was taking notes in my pigskin Filofax as a young clerk answered my questions. She was looking at my little book as if she had never seen one before, but she was very patient and gave me time to take my notes.

Since it's Friday, all discussion of ring-bound organizers is welcome!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nan. I dont fund that a strange place to use your FF! That is a perfectly normal use it is a place to store info after all! I use my many FF in various venues and for diverse reasons. I have shopping lists in one so it goes grocery shopping and the pet one goes to vet appts so we can write notes and appts down. I cant think of any occasion where i haves used or seen a ff in a strange context. I cant think what a strange place wpuld be for one. Im eager to hear the anecdotes of others on thos subject!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hope that, unlike some people with their mobile phones, no Filofax owner would ever contemplate usage in a toilet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh - people use their phones in the toilet???? ugh think of the germs... no all us FF owners are far better behave i am sure :)

      Delete
  3. At the doctor's a few months ago. I had to refer to my appointment card which I had hole punched and put in between my week on 2 pages in my Filofax pocket Malden. The receptionist commented, "oh look at you with your cute little book." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is such a great idea! i will do that with the vet appointment cards. thanks for sharing that excellent idea for productivity

      Delete