25 June 2021

Free For All Friday No 659 by Laurie

Recently I did a major overhaul of my Filofax pages. I had been experimenting with some different things this year, and realized it just was not working for me. I hadn't been using the monthly system I was trying out the way I thought I would. So I went back to what works for me: Months on two pages, with the back sides of the pages blank, so I can splice pages in between.

I added some features: Filofax monthly tabs (which I didn't even realize were still in print) so I can easily keep my months separate. Inside the month tab I have my personal and professional goals for that month, so I can quickly access them. After the month pages I have pages for any projects that month, and pages for mid-month and monthly reviews. The month tabs keep each month's pages neatly together.

I am really enjoying this setup now. I love the flexibility of ring binders, so I can change pages immediately if I need to.

Have you made any changes to your Filofax pages recently?

As always on Fridays, feel free to ask and/ or discuss anything ring-binder organiser related!

4 comments:

  1. L.S.
    I entered a new section: the full year on a double-sized personal page; I folded it accordeon-style so it opens to the right side.
    In front of that, I added a double-sized personal size page that opens up to the left side and on which I have a list of mnemonic symbols to identify in each small cell, the activities planned. It's easy to find a free spot for something.
    For more details I go to my Week-on-one-page section to find details.
    It works for me (up to now). Mind you, I'm no longer professionally busy, but I do have quite dome groups and activities I'm involved with.
    Have a nice day!
    Marc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh,I like that right-open, left-open thing. I may need to test that out. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I bought dividers awhile ago then forgib had them. Just a I was thinking I needed more sections and was thinking of combining sections to create new uses I found them. In now have more dividers than I need.

    That could become useful as I've not worked out how to use my personal filofax yet. I use sections to try things out then they're easy to remove when they don't.

    I'm used to bullet journals but the ring folder thing hasn't gelled with me so much. It will but I think the flexibility is kind of stumping me. I could easily use it like my bullet journal without taking advantage of the ring binder but that seems a waste. I also have week to view and month to page diary section. I'm thinking it's that section that doesn't work. Do I need a diary? Not sure as the basic monthly log works. With b daily b rapid logging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A totallyy different question I hope someone can answer. I bought a VDS touch me A6 before the 30mm ring size came out. Can I replace my 25mm rings TM A6 with 30mm rings or will there be an issue with paper and tabs overhang/ pen loop bump???? Didn't want to bother Petra. Anyone know???????? Thanks. xxxx



    ReplyDelete