17 June 2021

Opening and Closing Your Organiser Rings Correctly.

Are all opening and closing the rings correctly? I'm sure some of us have been watching You Tube videos and seen people pull the rings open with their fingers! 

To ensure that you don't damage the ring mechanism on your Filofax personal organiser, always use the tabs at the ends of the ring mechanism to open the rings. Place your organiser on a firm surface and press evenly on both tabs at the same time.

Do not under any circumstances pull the rings open using the rings themselves; this could result in the internal mechanism becoming damaged.

Opening the rings


Closing the rings

To close the rings use your fingers on either sides of both sets of rings with a light even pressure and the rings should snap shut. Be careful to not trap your fingers in the closing rings.


The mechanism does not require any routine maintenance or oiling, just an occasional wipe with a soft dry cloth will keep the metal clean and rust free.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that. I found this out yesterday and can't believe it's not printed in an insert with every new filofax. It's a big revelation to me and solved my curiosity about why those tabs are there. Seemed unnecessary but opening tabs make them very necessary!

    I just hope I've not found this out too late for my current filofax. The top ring started to have a little gap. My only solution was to use a different ring to open it... until yesterday's revelation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, this doesn't apply to the Clipbook.

    I'm always a bit nervous opening the rings where apparently they're opened by grabbing the outside edges of the binder to pull apart. I worry that it'll put undue stress on the individual leaves. Still, I love the organiser anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference with the Clipbook and the method of opening is that by pulling the covers apart you are applying more or less equal pressure to each ring so you shouldn’t suffer problems with one or two rings developing gaps…. Well in theory anyway!

      Delete
  3. Thanks! Some of us have always pulled the rings open with our fingers.

    ReplyDelete