10 April 2023

Guest Post - Journalling in Filofax Part 1 - Daniel

Thank you to Daniel for submitting this post after I contacted him, as I loved seeing his wonderful journalling pages in the Philofaxy Facebook group
 

I have always kept journals since I was a school boy. It wasn't very structured consisting of just little drawings, papers cuttings and a bit of writing. At that point, there wasn't much planning in them and I used just "normal" notebooks. I wasn't very picky about the brand, and discovered ring bound planners quite late. My first planner (not Filofax brand) has inserts dating back to 2008. 

Once my sons were born and diagnosed with medical conditions, I then started to appreciate Filofax as a planner. There were suddenly lots of appointments and meetings to attend, and basically we had to be more organised. I found my Filofax to be very useful and I would've been lost without one. At the same time, I found it a little bit frustrating and saddening to flip through so many pages and see only medical appointments and other serious stuff. So I started to convert my planners partly into journals, just to get a more positive vibe from them. The planning is still there, but with added drawings, little ideas and a bit of a diary too... My Filofax now is about 70% journal and 30% planner. You asked about drawings... I never attended any art school and my occupation is tailor. 

I only have five Filofaxes - Nappa, Domino, Saffiano, City and Mini. I am not really using the last two, as they are too small for journaling. I have a few cheap no-name organisers that I am using just to store my old pages. At the moment I'm using the Nappa and just love everything about it. Colour, leather feel and of course, personal size. I carry it everywhere.











6 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I love your journals. I never think to draw in my planner. Maybe I should...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel, keep up the great work! This is why screen based diaries / journals will never come close - this is totally freeform and you get something physical that will survive for your kids to marvel at (unlike screen based journals that sometimes don't survive the latest software / hardware updates...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab! Just what I was looking for! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Frankenstein's monster! Such a cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!

    ReplyDelete