03 November 2023

Free For All Friday - No. 782 by Anita

As we approach the later months of the year, I start to think about doing a review of my planner and how things have been going recently. I've previously written here about planner peace, but nowadays I don't tend to think about there being 'peace' or 'fail', but it's really more about just what's working or could be improved. In the past number of years, work and family commitments have changed hugely, and my Filofax has been an amazing tool in helping me to adjust. So, I think about any changes more as an experiment; will this help me simplify, or be of benefit right now? And I feel that this helps me feel less overwhelmed during busier times or when I have less energy. 2023 so far has been a year of decluttering, simplifying and using things up (including stationery!), so I'm planning on continuing this into next year as well.

Have you recently done a planner review, or are considering any changes that you might consider implementing for next year? 

And as always on Fridays, please feel free to discuss anything organiser related. I hope that you have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. As I reach my dotage (77 and counting) I am looking at my Time System planner and wondering is it still relevant other than as a journal. I have appointments and holidays and hobbies but no major goals or projects. Are there other oldies if so how do you use your planner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m a decade younger but still absolutely use my organiser as a daily goal planning tool. Annual and monthly goals and projects are set and reviewed and my year ahead planned. I cannot ever imagine not having goals to achieve in life, be they health, fitness, hobbies, holidays, friendships, family etc. etc.

      Delete
    2. I'm also (just) a few years behind but still use my (also currently TimeSystem) planner every day to help keep my focus on my personal and business goals). I've just this week received the 2024 update pack, enabling me to move on into 2024. I'm currently reviewing my entire task management system (what TMI used to wisely call the 'Decision Base) and am trying to model it more closely on the old TMI Key Areas concept, in a bid do get away from the manic list maintenance that practising GTD seems lately to have led me into. The old TMI diary layouts are, of course, long gone, but I manage..

      Delete
  2. What folder is available for A5 filofax type diary and inserts but more compact? I've got a Finsbury A5 and it's perfect but I need it to be lighter and more compact. At 30mm rings it's a big folder. Can you get A5 folders that are smaller? For example the plotter USA folders seem perfect but not available in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Filofax Heritage A5 is a very simple compact filofax. Much recommended.

      Delete