27 May 2013

Reader Under The Spotlight - Adam

Hey everyone, I'm Adam (although you may know me as Adamsfilo). I'm 18 only weeks away from 19 (eek I can feel the white hairs coming lol) Born and raised in Nottingham, England and I have a somewhat unhealthy addiction to using and decorating my Filofax!

Ever since I was a young child I was always obsessed with stationery, and strived to find the perfect tool for everything. And as I grew up I sort of lost that flare until I purchased my first Filofax!

Due to a disability I haven't been able to work for the past year, which as you can imagine leaves me with heaps of spare time, so I decided to dust off my Filo and search around to see what's out there. Which is how I came across Philofaxy and the amazing community that comes with it. I found myself engrossed in videos of people showcasing their beautiful planners and what they hold.

A couple of months ago I decided to really get involved into the Filofax community, so I created an Instagram account dedicated to my new found love and through there I have met the kindest and most welcoming people who all share the same passion as I do. I then decided follow in the footsteps of the people who inspired me and began making my own videos, the rest is history. Using and sharing my gorgeous Filofax has become the most fun and rewarding hobby I could ever imagine!

So you can find me on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook all under the name Adamsfilo! :-D

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

In the summer of 2011 I purchased my first Filofax, which was a personal Domino in Slate Grey, that I found on clearance at Staples for £6. I was on the hunt for a way to organise my college life and these mysterious planners always intrigued me. I never knew of the beautiful ways to use a Filo at that time though so after I left education it was just put into a drawer and forgotten about until a few months ago!

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I've never really been interested in other brands apart from Filofax, although Franklin Covey do seem to have a nice array of planners. Recently I have been eyeing up the Gillio's, but I think it will be a while before I even consider an investment like that!

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

Anyone who knows me could answer this without a doubt, my Domino Snake is my pride and joy! Lol, ever since my first Domino I fell in love with how it was designed. In my eyes it's still classy and sophisticated without being too formal and mature! When I found out there was a snake skin version of my beloved Domino I just had to get my hands on one, and luckily I did. I have a personal size in the colour Natural, although I'm still on the hunt for a Dark Brown version ;-)

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

Only the two as of now, my Domino twins! :-D

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

My Slate Grey Domino, coming up to 2 years old!

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

My Filofax is purely for organising my personal life, everything from what I fancy for dinner to all my appointments. More recently though I have been spending more time decorating my pages with washi tape and stickers than actually using it for planning, but I don't mind that in the slightest :-D

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like the most?

The versatility is the biggest thing for me, you can litterally build it to suit your lifestyle. The fact the diaries are basic/plain is also a great thing for me, I see them as a blank canvas for me to design my own pages! It turns organising into a fun and enjoyable task.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

If I were to truthfully answer this I would just be describing how the domino is, lol. Although I would absolutely love to see a re-release of the Domino Snake in a few more colours *cough* grey please!! *cough* :-D

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

Unfortunately most of my time is spent bed bound so it isnt needed to be taken out that much, but when it is there is a space in my 'man bag' specifically just for my beauty!

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I think the Doodle is fun idea, honestly I would only be buying it for the Filofax branded spirograph tool lol!!

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

I spent £25 on my Domino Snake, which in comparison to some people's collection is just pennies! But I can definitely see my Filofax spending rise as I cave in to all the enablers on here! :-D

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Adhesive pen loop's have become my greatest tool! I stick them on a flyleaf so I can create my own insert that can be added wherever it's needed. So handy!

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

Apart from the great content and keeping me up to date on Filofax news. I love the community more than anything, I have never met such wonderful people than I have through Philofaxy. I felt so welcomed and accepted when I first began posting on You Tube and joining the Philofaxy Facebook pages!

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

As cheesy as this sounds, there's nothing about Philofaxy that I would ever want to change! Steve is amazing, the content is amazing and it's like our little organised and washi tape covered heaven :-D

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

I downloaded the preview of 'Bow Down' by Beyoncée not so long ago, I love me some Beyoncé and that track has been stuck in my head for weeks lol!

16. Katie Price or Kate Middleton?

Kate Middleton for sure! She has class, beauty, style and grace. Not to mention her life is like a real life fairy tale, so romantic!

Thank you Adam, and if anyone else would like to appear on Reader Under The Spotlight then please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com

15 comments:

  1. Just loved this - You are a jazzin man Adam !! Just love what you do with your Filos [I almost said snakes haha]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adam,
      Sounds like you have found your perfect planner in the Domino snake ones. So sorry to hear that you are bed bound a lot of the time.....not nice as a teenager when you want to be out with friends..... and I send healing thoughts your way. A good few years back, I had glandular fever, followed by quite nasty ME. I was bed bound for many months getting over it. So I can understand a little bit, having overcome the ME monster. As Blair says.... you are jazzin'chap, and I loved your post here!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Blair! I always call my Domino 'the snake' all the time lol, it's no longer a Filo :D

      Delete
    3. Thanks Butanben for your kind words! <3

      Delete
  2. Hi Adam, good to see you on here in the spotlight. You just reminded me to register a Filofaxingagain account on Instagram and Ive added you. Thanks a bunch, look forward to seeing more of your videos and I still need to purchase that amazing Coleto pen you showed us in your video! You seem to know a lot of good shops :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yay welcome to the IG family ^_^ hehe once i start browsing online i can easily lose track of time stumbling upon some great places :D

      Delete
  3. Yea Adam! So happy to see your spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say Joseph, thankyou :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks again Steve for this wonderful opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh, Adam has the best male filofax video "voice." Nice to see him under "the spotlight."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to get to know you a bit better, Adam. Your videos are great! I've enjoyed watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice of you to share your life with us Adam, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice share. Love your vids. Thanks for sharing Adam.

    ReplyDelete