05 January 2014
Reader Under The Spotlight - Nelly
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
Just a few weeks back! A beautiful A5 Original in Fluorescent Pink. I have been visiting Philofaxy for the better part of a year and reading almost every other Filofax blog I could find to get as much info as I could before I made the big plunge! And I have so say, I couldn’t be happier!
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I’ve used Franklin Covey, DayTimer, Kate Spade, Lilly Pultizer and a beautiful Ordning & Reda that was gifted to me.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
Well, obviously. My A5 Original Fluoro Pink. I was originally a tad worried that the fluorescent pink color wouldn’t be considered “professional” enough but at the end of the day I thought it’s what makes me the happiest!
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
Just the first of what I predict to be many!
5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?
My A5 Original in Fluoro Pink!
6. What do you use your Filofax for?
As a busy student it’s nice to set aside time to tend to my Filofax to prep my week or month and create my to-do lists. I’ve also found that using my Filofax has held me more accountable and motivated by allowing me to see visual representations of my future goals, reading lists, wish lists etc.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
To be honest, I just think they look beautiful! It’s just nice to see one on a desk or shelf and think, now that is a beautiful accessory!
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I’d love to see BIG golden rings! Also I would want it to come with VERY thick paper! Filofaxes are art forms, why create on such thin, flimsy paper!?
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
In my purse! I love big purses and totes so I can put it in those with my laptop, wallet and other essentials!
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
My dream Filofax was really The Original but now that I have that I have my eye set on an A5 Metropol in black, A5 Charleston in red and I’d love to have a Doodle! I'll have to make up an excuse or justification to buy these!
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
I spent $100 US on my A5 Original in Fluoro Pink.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Goodness, all my tips or hacks I’ve learned from everyone else on Philofaxy! I’ve learned to utilize the resources on these blogs and YouTube channels. Don’t rush out and buy things when you can look to others who have created DIY versions! For example, I just created my own dividers that are SO much more personalized than purchasing them or having someone else make them (all from watching a YT instructional video!)
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
You all are such wonderful people! So full of warmth and excitement about this mutual love you share without any competitiveness or hidden agenda (get it, agenda? Hehehe…..perhaps jokes like this are why I’m single) ;)
But in all seriousness I do enjoy how open and welcoming of a community Philofaxy seems to be. Even from the Reader Spotlights you see how Philofaxy showcases both those brand new to the brand (like me) as well as the seasoned veterans and experts with many, many Filofaxes and years and years of experience and expertise.
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Oh goodness, I don’t think anything!
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Daft Punk—Get Lucky
16. Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?
Mark Darcy—is this even a question!? How can you compare the two!? I’m also very distraught about what Ms. Fielding has done to Mr. Darcy in her latest installment of the series.
Thank you Nelly, and we wish you well with your studies. If you would like to be one of our 'Readers Under the Spotlight' then please email philofaxy at gmail dot com