But there is something missing from the picture.........
The eight other people we would like to join us again at the Van der Spek workshop in Puttershoek on Saturday 25th April 2015.
Before you start reaching for your credit cards and a suitcase, please read all of this post.
Firstly, places are limited to just 8 people, unfortunately due to the size of the workshop, this is why we have had to limit the numbers for this first 'group visit'. Hopefully there will be future meet ups, so if you miss out on this one there will be a chance again in future.
We will open the mailbox for you to apply for a place on the meet up on Saturday 31st January, this is so you have some time between reading this and Saturday to check your diary, check the costs of travel and timings etc. There are full details about how to apply for a place at the end of this post.
So here is the outline of the visit and details of what we aim to offer.
People travelling some distance (like Janet and I) will be arriving in Rotterdam on Friday afternoon 24th April. Petra has negotiated a conference rate at the Tulip Inn Hotel in Rotterdam for attendees.
However, you will be responsible for paying for your room which includes the cost of breakfast, but you will get the reduced rate, details will be included in the confirmation email you will receive if you are allocated a place.
On the Friday evening for those people that arrived that day, we will meet up at the hotel and eat out in Rotterdam, possibly at Vapianos in Rotterdam. If that name sounds familiar, yes it is the same chain of restaurants as the ones we visit in London for the Philofaxy meet ups. The food is good and reasonably priced and you order using a simple smart card system and pay for just what you ordered.
On Saturday morning following breakfast at the hotel we will travel together by public transport to Puttershoek aiming to get to the workshop by 10:30am.
During our visit there we hope to do the following:
- A factory ‘tour’/presentation of models, history of the company.
- Stopping for lunch may be at about 12:30-13:00 for say 45 minutes allowing people plenty of time to ‘mingle’ and chat with the others.
- There will be a display of items that are for sale on the day from your many items of stock
- A display of BagUsBags too
- Ring swapping demo by Steve!
- Diary creation demo by Steve - Amendment and then mail merging the Steve Morton/Ray Blake diary inserts
- There will be a brain storming session looking at design ideas and any other feedback items on the Van der Spek website/customer service areas etc etc.
- Design your own organiser on the day, with the chance to see the leather that will be used etc.
- Future organiser designs with thoughts and feedback from the group to Petra.
- Question and Answer Session.
On the Sunday depending on our individual departure times there might be a possibility to look around the city before we travel home again.
To be clear, each attendee will be responsible for the cost of their travel to Rotterdam and hotel costs, evening meals etc. However a buffet lunch will be provided on the Saturday at the workshop.
To book a place at the meet up please email Steve: firstname.lastname@example.org after 9am (Paris time) on Saturday 31st January. With the subject of your email 'Van der Spek'
Steve will confirm you have a place within an hour of sending your email. The confirmation will contain further details about timings and booking the hotel etc. Once all places are allocated a reserve list will also be created in case there are any people that have to pull out of the meet up after being allocated a place.
If you have any questions about the meet up please contact Steve at the above email address and he will respond as quickly as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.