Hey there! I'm Suzanne and I live in France with my boyfriend and our bunny, Lucy. I teach English to middle and high school students and I spend a lot of my free time reading and writing, practising yoga, runnning, and creating inserts for my Filofaxes.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I bought a Black Metropol in personal size back in October 2014. I'm quite new to the planner world!
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have used a Kikki K and I'd love to try a Van Der Spek Touch Me... Even though I can't really justify the price right now!
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
That would be my kingfisher blue metropol in personal size. I can't get enough of this colour! Too bad it's not real leather.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
I currently have five at home and one on its way to me : one black and one blue Metropol, two pocket Finsbury in black and teal, and an A5 Kikki K 2015 time planner in mint. I've also had a compact lavander patent that I gave to my sister. And the new Filo will be a brown Holborn in personal size, I can't wait to get it!
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
All my planners are rather new, but I guess the pocket Finsbury I got from Adspot (hi Franz!) is the oldest. It's the oldest-looking anyway, and it lays flat, which is quite an achievement for a Finsbury if I'm right! It's become smooth and squishy with age, it's lovely.
6. What do you use your organisers for?
Pretty much everything! I plan for work, I record my expenses and savings, I write down goals for each year/month, I keep lists of books I read and movies I watch, I write down all the information I might need on the go like wishlists/shopping lists, work information... My planner contains my whole life!
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I love creating my own diary pages and making them perfect for ME. And the ability to change things around easily!
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
It would be personal size; I've tried and tried getting used to the A5 and pocket, but they just aren't for me.
Lots of vertical card slots, 4 horizontal pockets like in the Holborn, a zipped pocket, a nice plain cover, a rather large and rounded clasp just like on the VDS Touch Me, and a beautiful petrol blue leather with contrasted stitching.
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
In my handbag, along with my books and computer and pencil case. My Filofaxes take a good beating in there!
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I love the Saffiano in aquamarine, but I think that 7 Filofaxes over the course of 4 months is more than enough...
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
I paid 64€ for my brown Holborn personal.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
I recently holepunched a flat transparent pencil case I got from ebay and put it into my Filofax. I keep my change and stickers in there!
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
The community, the free templates, and the inspiration! My favourite posts are the set up posts. I love seeing how other people use their Filofaxes!
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
I'm currently spending all my money on Filofaxes, and this blog is the number 1 reason!
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
I have no idea... I don't buy or download music much anymore!
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
No but I would love to! I don't know if meetings are organised here in France, but if I ever live in London again, believe me I will!
17. What was the last movie you watched?
Sherlock Holmes 2.
18. What was the last book you read?
The Chamber by John Grisham.
19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
Every time I say "what else?" in class, my students answer "Nespresso"... I guess I'll go with George!
Thank you Nicole. As you know we are constantly looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.
So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today.