27 March 2020

Free For All Friday - No. 594 by Anita

Due to the coronavirus, I have been working from home for a while as my 80 year old Mum lives with us and has a number of health conditions. I have only ever worked from home before for short periods or for the odd couple of days here and there, so it's definitely been a change in my routine. In the office, I normally keep track of my to-dos using a mixture of paper and Wunderlist. I use up scrap A4 paper by folding it in half and then keep a number of these folded together (technique used by my husband).

Whilst I've been using binders for years, I have never used one for work so am wondering if I may try using an A5 in future. I will be starting a new job soon which will be exclusively working from home, so this time here in my current role will be good experience in figuring out what works best for me. I was due to start my new job in May, but unsurprisingly my current employer has asked if I can delay my resignation, so I may end up doing both part time roles from home for a while. 

Are you considering a change in your planner due to the coronavirus' effects on your life?

And as always, please feel free to discuss anything Filofax or ringbound organiser related.
Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I have re-printed some pages as I print my own inserts anyway. I have kept appointments written in, yet instead of adding the times at the side, have written a large C in red for Corona virus cancellation. A lot of huge changes recently to what is a fluctuating routine anyway and I like to keep up with what is happening cancellation wise so have kept appointments written in but with the red C alongside. It seemed really weird and bizarre to get the regular schedule booklet for our local theatre and movies today and to realise none of it would now be happening. Not to be able to browse round the shops or grab coffee and this weekend especially, a roast lunch out with dad for his birthday treat, feels so odd. It is nothing major compared to what is going on here with this epidemic, so am happy to isolate, yet I feel so sad at the loss of people's livelihoods, and business bases practically overnight. Stay safe my fellow Philofaxers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've almost completely stopped using my filofax at the moment as there is nothing to plan. I keeps picking it up, opening it and the feeling sad at all the things I've crossed out. My usual A5 is too big at the moment but there isn't much much point moving into a pocket as I'm just at home with my daughter.

    I feel almost naked without my planner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite on topic, but having reorganised my home office today to be far more personal- and less business-oriented, over the weekend I've now decided to revamp my planner setup with the aim of getting to something I can fully commit to for at least the whole of April. Having spent some considerable time surfing different planners, routines and systems, I feel I need to do this, as constant changing isn't doing my productivity or sense of focus any good at all. Despite the current Covid-19 situation I still have a busy business to run, as well as the obvious personal goals (both productivity and habit) to track.

    Since I'm going to be unable to get any further supplies of my favourite Conqueror A5 for some time, I'm sticking largely to inserts I've already printed, which isn't a problem as I've printed a lot! I've made a list of functions I need my planner and surrounding system/routines to perform, so the choice of inserts is largely predicated on that list (having loads of time at the moment to do this is great, isn't it!).

    Binder-wise, I have three A5s remaining, so a comfortably narrow range of choice for a Gemini like myself!

    I'm aiming to get this all done by tomorrow evening (Sunday), as I'm still in a normal pattern of weekday working and weekends off, so it will be back to work related chaos first thing on Monday. After that it's going to heads down, blinkers on until at least the end of April. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita - if you need any tips on working from home, drop me a DM on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete