11 December 2020

Free For All Friday No 631 by Laurie

Now that we are into the gift-giving season, I wonder how many people give a Filofax as a gift.

I have never given a Filofax as a gift. I know how picky I am about my binders and planners, and I can't imagine knowing what someone else would like accurately enough to give them one. I have received Filofax organizers as gifts, but only because I asked very specifically for an exact one.

Have you ever given or received a Filofax as a gift?

And as always on Fridays, feel free to discuss and/ or ask anything ring binder organizer related!

6 comments:

  1. I have been given and also gifted Filofaxes myself at Christmas. I noticed the other day that Filofax was listed as featuring on a UK tv shopping channel, noticed when I was flicking through the schedule menu. I popped into TK Maxx locally yesterday, here in the UK and no Filofaxes were for sale this year and there was a very limited selection of stationery goodies too. I think most folks are shopping online this year. My problem is resisting the to me from me with lots of love gifts I spot whilst shopping for others. Hmmm!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have.... way back in 1987! I bought Alison her Filofax, she still has it, she uses it as a notebook these days. She has one of her late mothers as well that is used as a password book another from the late 1980's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have bought a Van der Spek Junior in blue outer and Swedish blue inner, with 16mm silver rings, secretarial flap, big pocket, ring protectors and a place for 3 credit cards. The leather is so soft, and I have to say, I have a bit or organiser envy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to both. Husband gifted me with an A5 Filofax about 5 years ago. It was meant to be personal size. I use it religiously to manage work. Gifted a Filofax to my son around 3-4 years ago for college. He loved it then and now uses it for art, menu planning and to journal. He's asked for inserts for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, but sure have gifted myself too many binders over time.

    Happy Holidays,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Archimark, you made me giggle here!! Me too!! Merry Christmas to all fellow Philofaxers and the Philofaxy team!! xx

    ReplyDelete